Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 1 of 2
Postby lordsmurf » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:17 pm
From tvshowsondvd.com:
http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7768
Warner Bros will release The Smurfs Season 1, Volume 1 on December 4. The 2 disc set will include the first 19 cartoons (345 mins), newly remastered, along with "The Smurfs' Springtime Special" and "Smurfs: The Music Video."

The trailer on the Popeye DVD released this week mentions that the set would include "all 26 episodes from season 1", and shows four discs, but the information we got today says otherwise: 19 cartoons and two discs on a "Season 1, Volume 1" set.

As you can see from the graphic below, the suggested retail price is $26.99. We expect to have a press release very soon. Smurf you later!
Now, before you get excited, I want to mention this:

1. Notice the artwork says "Season One - Volume One". The Smurfs half-hour episodes sometimes had two stories. So the "19 episodes" wording is misleading. It's only 13 episodes, which is half of the 26-episode season (and the 345 minutes quoted on the package verifies that). I have never understood why people want to split episodes in half. If you cut a CSI episode in half and labeled it Part 1 and Part 2 (half hour each), people would raise bloody hell, especially if you put it out of order.

2. The Smurfs trailer on the Popeye DVD uses broadcast masters. You'll notice some of the clips have a cyan or blue tint and/or a brightness problem. The Australian volume releases came from film scans, judging from the high quality and lack of visual flaws. This does not look good for the USA release.

3. The Smurfs Complete S1 was first announced (unofficially?) in 2004 for a USA release in Q4 2005. It was even available for pre-order on a few sites in Q1 2005 (Amazon.com was one of them). Like any number of false-start DVD releases, it just disappeared one day, many months before release, and most people forgot it was ever announced. Could it happen again?
CN Announcer: "Why are the Smurfs blue?"
Grouchy Smurf: "We're not! We're green! Adjust your TV!"

Postby Rachel » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:11 am
Thanks for the news Lordsmurf. :thanks2:

I started getting the Australian releases so I am not sure whether I will go for the USA ones too. It will be interesting to see if they are ever released in the UK too. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Gerda » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:32 am
This is good news for the US market if it materializes itself to be real. We all know the smurf crazed that followed the dvd releases in Australia and I hope we have one just like it!!

And on another note... If in fact the movie will be out soon shouldn't we hear something more about it soon?? :-? :-?

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Rachel » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:06 am
And on another note... If in fact the movie will be out soon shouldn't we hear something more about it soon??
Hi Gerda, I agree but there have been so many different rumours about the movie, some saying it has been delayed, some saying it will be released next year. I think I am just going to wait until we have some concrete info before I get too excited. :D

Postby Gerda » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:39 am
And on another note... If in fact the movie will be out soon shouldn't we hear something more about it soon??
Hi Gerda, I agree but there have been so many different rumours about the movie, some saying it has been delayed, some saying it will be released next year. I think I am just going to wait until we have some concrete info before I get too excited. :D
If you can wait you are a better smurfer then me, the u.s are in the middle of an 80's type revival and it is hard not to think of the smurfs, I went shoping the other day and all the transformer toys and teenage ninja turtle toys that are out are giving me a feeling of dejavu.. it's great!! :-D

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby swarlock » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:45 am
Included in The Season One DVD is The Smurfs Springtime Specal and a music video.

This set will be released on Dec 6th.
Friendship is everything.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:24 pm
Looks like it has been delayed again

you can pre-order them on Amazon now...for release in February

http://www.amazon.com/Smurfs-Season-One ... 139&sr=1-1
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Gerda » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:22 am
I feel sorry for those that ordered them from sellers on ebay already!! I thought pre orders on ebay where forbidden :-?

anyway I think it is great to see amazon carrying these, wonder if they will be in stores also, 2008 is going to be a great year!!! :-D

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:35 pm
I think they will be in stores, Gerda, but I have discovered that when you preorder DVDs or books on amazon you get a good deal for them as they usually are sold for a higher price once they are officially out...I may preorder this one..but we still have time :) :)

I agree, I am getting excited about 2008...I may not watch the movies (don't throw me off the forum, pllleeeaasseee)....but I think we will have a lot of smurfy items...just seeing how much is already being released in Europe now and also smurfs seem to be appearing a lot in convos at work lately....apparantly somebody at a coworker's party yesterday was dressed as smurfette... :) :) :)

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby misszell » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:16 am
mine was shipped yesterday!!!....I can't wait for it to come...

Postby misszell » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:20 am
i ordered mine from deepdiscount.com (where i order all of my dvd's) it's cheaper than Amazon and the shipping is free

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct ... d=25710928

Postby Gerda » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:54 pm
Thanks for the link, that is cheaper than any other price I have seen, good think Ihave not ordered mine yet, you just saved me some smurf bucks!! :-D

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:02 pm
Thanks for the link, that is cheaper than any other price I have seen, good think Ihave not ordered mine yet, you just saved me some smurf bucks!! :-D
Me too!!! I sent that link to Moey as well so thank you Misszell :cheers:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:27 pm
Yes, I will order it from them, too

thanks Misszell and Staci :-D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby misszell » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:27 pm
I had pre ordered mine back in January and was shocked when i got the email yesterday saying it shipped!........i wasn't expecting it be available until next week......wooo hooo

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:22 pm
As everybody knows I don't watch much TV at all...but I watched some old Sitcoms today...and guess what...I saw the smurf DVD commercial :) :) :) I nearly fell out of my chair...if I had been sitting... :)

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Rachel » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:00 am
I saw the smurf DVD commercial I nearly fell out of my chair...if I had been sitting...
I think I would too Moey. :)

Postby misszell » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:00 pm
i don't know if anyone ordered from that place.....they shipped it on Thursday and I already got it today!!.....it's going to be a smurfy night....

Postby Margaret » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:05 pm
As everybody knows I don't watch much TV at all...but I watched some old Sitcoms today...and guess what...I saw the smurf DVD commercial :) :) :) I nearly fell out of my chair...if I had been sitting... :)

Oh my god I also just seen the commerical and let out a screem and started jumping around ( my kids think I am nuts !! ) :-D :-D

Postby SA Smurfette » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:18 pm
...they shipped it on Thursday and I already got it today!!.....it's going to be a smurfy night....
YAY :yay: Have a good night, misszell :D

Let us know how "The Smurfette" episode is ( we didn't get that on the Australian DVD release) :( Everyone sick of me whinging about that? :)

Margaret, what will the kids think when the DVD turns up if you get that excited over the add :lol: :lol:
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com
Page 1 of 2

Login