Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Pitufo » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:45 pm
I have gone to the cinema and to the theater this weekend...I want to recommendthe two films I have watched: Babel (by Alejandro González Iñárritu), and the last film by Clint Eastwood as director: Flags of our fathers...I suppose some of you have seen them yet,but if you haven´t, please GO TO THE CINEMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JOAQUÍN

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:51 pm
I have'nt seen them Joaquin, but i have seen Babel advertised, but not the Clint Eastwood film :-? Its good to know you enjoyed them :D

:-D :beer:

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:50 pm
I remember Stace talking about "Flags of our Fathers" when we were in Brussels.....did you ever get to see it Stace?

I haven't seen either but I am always a sucker for a good movie :D ....like anything with Kate Beckinsale for starters :smitten:

Dyar

Postby DrunkSmurf » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:53 pm
I don't particularly recommend "The Curse of the Yellow Flower" (Zhang Yi-mou's latest kung-fu art flick). Critics are raving on its visuals. But all the flying ninjas were hard to take seriously. I liked Zhang Yimou's earlier people movies, but the stories in his kung fu movies (Hero, House of Flying Daggers, and this one) are usually pretty stretched and the characters are cardboard-ish. By contrast, I liked Ang Li's "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon" OK. So, it's not that I'm against kung-fu.
Postby DrunkSmurf » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:01 pm
and the last film by Clint Eastwood as director: Flags of our fathers...
Flags of Our Fathers has stirred some controversy here because I guess Eastwood exaggerated or changed details about the soldiers sent on the publicity campaign to make his case stronger.

His newer new movie, Sands of Iwo Jima, sounds interesting. It's the battle for Iwo Jima as seen on the Japanese side. (The battle of Iwo Jima saw some of the hardest fighting for US troops against the Japanese).

Postby eggie smurf » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:20 pm
I remember Stace talking about "Flags of our Fathers" when we were in Brussels.....did you ever get to see it Stace?
Not yet...I forgot about it until Joaquin just mentioned it. May be on the rental list soon :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Rachel » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:24 pm
Hi Joaquin, good to hear you enjoyed the films. :-D

I have to admit, I am not a big cinema goer, I normally wait until I can enjoy a film in the comfort of my home. I was today wondering though if I will go to the cinema to see the smurfs. I think YES!!! :grinning:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Pitufo » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:13 pm
I have to admit, I am not a big cinema goer, I normally wait until I can enjoy a film in the comfort of my home. I was today wondering though if I will go to the cinema to see the smurfs. I think YES!!!

Me too,me too!!!!!!I think I must wait for more than a year, but I am counting the days: I want to go twice: the first time, alone...and the 2nd one with all my nieces and nephews ( more than 5 years-old, of course)

Sometimes, I prefer the comfort of my home too, but I usually go to the cinema at quiet hours, with 5 or 6 person inside...And feel like home: without shoes!!!!!!! :shhh:
JOAQUÍN
Page 1 of 1

Login