Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 2
Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:44 pm
Talking to my mother and listening to a message from my Grandmother I have learned that there were very bad storms moving over Germany and Europe....

I was wondering if everybody over there is ok... :shock: :shock:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby ChunkMasterMC » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:46 pm
Yes...I have just heard on the news here in Australia that there have been severe storms in the UK as well...

Hope everyone over there is OK!!! :fingers:
ChunkMasterMC :music:

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:02 pm
I hope all of my friends are ok there too. Does anyone know whereabouts the storms were in Germany?

Dyar

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:14 pm
From what I heard they had Orkan warning all over the Country...from Granny down in Stuttgart up to Berlin.. :-? I am sure we learn more of it tomorrow

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:59 pm
I had better send some emails and see how everyone is there....hopefully they were not caught up in it.

Dyar

Postby naish510 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:47 pm
Hello, in Belgium it was a storm, unbelieveble !!!! I tought our house was crashing !!! I live at the coast and the wind was extremely !!!My father's ship was at sea and we were worried but everything is Ok !!! Now today it's better !!! :D The last storm like this one was 4 years ago .

Postby steveparkes » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:52 am
It's been very stormy here..lots of trees uprooted and buildings damaged..thankfully nothing got damaged on our house..seems better today though
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby smurfwish » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:47 am
Well thanks to the winds here last night we now seem to share a garden with our neighbours, have the remains of 2/3 sheds from various gardens and a lot of branches and leaves all over the place!!! :shock: When coming home from the school run last night, I pulled off the motorway only to be confronted by a tree! Called the police though as it was getting dark and was worried that if anyone came off the main road faster than me, that they would actually end up in the tree!!!
The storms have been awful and the UK is never prepared for anything like it. Sadly I heard today on the news that 12 people lost their lives yesterday! Not good and it appears that they have forecast for the same again later today :stars:

Postby ChunkMasterMC » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:56 am
I saw on the news tonight people getting blown down the streets in London..and people holding onto poles to stay from being blown off their feet :yikes:

Looks insane :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm glad you didn't collide with the tree Maxine :relieved:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:03 am
Wow.....
I had no idea it was that bad all over Europe..

I am glad you are ok, Christy, Steve, and Maxine...

Hopefully you can get everything repaired soon that can get repaired, Maxine and I am glad you saw the tree in time

Hidden in the Woods

Postby smurfer » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:48 am
Here in Holland it was also really bad .... :rain:
4 people died yesterday , becouse of the storm ..... :shock: :(
I had a phonecall from my mother this morning that she was stuck in a city yesterday , and that there was no change to get home , because there where no trains anymore , and the highway was closed !! She had to sleep in a sportscentre overthere with a lot of people ....
But this morning she went home save !! :D

Postby ChunkMasterMC » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:57 am
She had to sleep in a sportscentre overthere with a lot of people ....
But this morning she went home save !! :D
I'm glad she got home safe Ron!!!

Postby smurfwish » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:57 am
Glad to hear that you're mother was ok Ron :D
Hopefully you can get everything repaired soon that can get repaired, Maxine and I am glad you saw the tree in time

well I can now see what my weekend entails :eek: and I was only telling Graham yesterday that I had nothing to do this weekend :banghead:
At least all I have to repair is a fence...not nearly as devestating to what some people have woken up to this morning!

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:15 am
I'm fine now. I decided to dismiss two seminars at 12.30 pm. So I took the bus at 12.45 and I arrived at our flat at 2 pm. After having lunch, I phoned dad and Manni, just to ask them, how they were doing and telling them that I had arrived in time. From 3 pm to 11 pm, there was nothing, but the rain and the storm. At least ten people have died in Germany so far, one of them being a toddler. :(

Postby smurfer » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:02 am
Thanks for your nice comments ChunkMasterMC and smurfwish !!! :D
I hope that everyone is o.k. now !!!

Postby SA Smurfette » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:45 am
I haven't watched the news for a few days, so hadn't heard all about this :shock: :shock:

Sounds awful :(

Good luck with your cleaning up Maxine
:???:

Glad to hear your mum is safe Ron :D

Hope that's the last of it for you guys :scared:
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Pitufo » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:39 am
Hi!!!!!!Hope all it´s ok with all our european friends!!!!!!!I have watched the news with all that rain, storms, and winds!!!!!Yesterday I saw images from Berlin, and they were very impressive!!!!!!!Thanks God, we have a very nice weather in the south Spain, but we need rain, because we are suffering a drought last years!!!!!!!
:D :D :D
JOAQUÍN

Postby Rachel » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:18 am
Hi guys, glad to hear everyone is safe and well after the bad weather yesterday. :-D

Apparently, the storms in the UK were the worst for 17 years but then they do love to analyse the British weather and come out with the statistics when ever they can.

We got away with very little damage apart from a few more broken plant pots in the garden and our power going off for a while but many of our roads were closed yesterday due to falling trees.

Roll on the Summer I say. :sun:

Ps. One bit of good news though. The hose pipe ban has been lifted which did make me chuckle as it seems to have been raining here for months! :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:01 pm
Driving a bus + lots of wind = Plenty of fun ! :) :)

:-D :beer:

Postby ChunkMasterMC » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:18 pm
Ps. One bit of good news though. The hose pipe ban has been lifted which did make me chuckle as it seems to have been raining here for months! :D
Wow...we have been on level 4 and 5 water restrictions for years where I live. It means you can only use buckets to water plants and only on certain days and not during daylight. We've been in drought for as long as I can remember and when it rains (which is hardly ever) it's lovely to sit and listen to. I never imagined you guys would have any kind of restrictions :) :) :)
Page 1 of 2

Login