Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Pitufo » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:22 pm
Hi, evryone!!!!!!I am a bit anarchical with my sleep´s hours...Some days I go to bed at 5,00 am, and I only can sleep three hours...Other days Y go to bed at 12.00 am and wake up at 12.00 pm...Sometimes I go to work without sleeping, and when I return home at the evening I sleep five hours and stand up again at 11.00pm...

So, you can see to me at the forum at very differnt hours: when aussies go to bed, when americans are having lunch, when a british is having a cup of tea, when a canadian is waking up...

Well, I´d loke to know what time is it in your cities when it´s 12.00 pm here (SPAIN...GMT +1): so I can imagine what you are doing while I´m here answering the topics..

PS: my english is still horrible...Excuse me
JOAQUÍN

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:29 pm
:) :) :) :)

No wonder you fit so well in this forum, Joacquin, as there are apparently quite a few of us who never or rarely sleep :) :) :)

I hope I won't confuse you totally but I actually live in two time zones....

During the day go six hours back and you know what time I am .....in the evening and night hours go back seven hours and you also know what time I am in....well, that would be day and night my time of course... :-?
Now, I am confused :?

Ok 12 pm.....that is either 6 a.m. or 5 a.m. my time...I am usually on the road to work...so I am literally between both time zones....

I am scheduled to arrive at work 30 min. later....

Are you confused yet? :-?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Tojo » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:31 pm
Hi Joaquin! Well in my case it depends what shift I'm working. This week I'm on night shift so I'm sitting here at work at the moment.

I work one week late shift (so am at home at midnight), one week early shift (then I'm sleeping at midnight), one week night shift (like now), then 2 weeks off (sometimes in bed, sometimes watching TV or listening to music or sitting at the PC).

Except in the early shift I'm always awake until after midnight - I'm a night person - late to bed, late to rise. The late bird gets to have a good lie-in :) :)
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby steveparkes » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:32 am
Hi Joaquin, well Spain is +1 hour infront of us, so when it's 12pm over there it's 11pm here, so I am either getting ready for bed, in bed reading my DSK or here on the pc :)

I don't know how you could go to work without sleeping though..I'd be like a zombie if I did that :shock:
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby aussiesmurf » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:20 am
Hi Joacquin

Well here in New South Wales, Australia when its 12pm your time its 10pm here on the same day...so sometimes I'm up and about but most times I try to go to bed early as have to work early....and go on the forum... :) :)

But Rae and Trish would be a different time being in SA and Linda would be a different time again being in WA, so I'm sure they can fill u in... :D
:flower:

Meagan

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:22 am
I'm the same as Meagan Joaquin as we live in the same state and time zone.....at least I will until Meagan catches up with me for the things I said about her last night.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Dyar

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:41 am
I'm the same time zone as Moey when she's at home but when she's working, she's in the twilight zone :magic2:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:55 pm
I'm the same time zone as Moey when she's at home but when she's working, she's in the twilight zone :magic2:
:) :) :) :)

that is probably true, but I think that means you are in the twilight zone as well :D

I may have confused my times in my other post :-?
I live in CST but work in EST :D :) :) :) :)

and drive in the real twilight zone :?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Rachel » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:34 pm
Hi Joaquin, wow you do manage to keep crazy hours. :D

Like Steve, we are 1 hour behind you but I have to keep fairly regular hours, I am useless if I don't get (almost) enough sleep. :knackered:

Every year I have two New Years's resoltions:

1. To have even more fun

2. To get to bed earlier

I always manage to keep the first one but never the second! :)
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:23 pm
I have the same resolution to go to bed earlier Rach.....well the result of this year was...I now go to bed at 2 to 2:30am instead of the 1 to 1:30am I was last year.

Well done Dyar :banghead:

Dyar

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:45 pm
I have the same resolution to go to bed earlier Rach.....well the result of this year was...I now go to bed at 2 to 2:30am instead of the 1 to 1:30am I was last year.

Well done Dyar :banghead:
So 2007, you'll be up until 3 to 3:30am :)

Oh and Moey, yeah you confused me too -- I am in your WORK time zone, not home :banghead: But you are only in the twilight zone when you're :driver: but I don't think that has to do with the time change :sprint:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Bunno Smurf » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:11 pm
Hi Joaquin,

I am on GMT + 8 time at the moment but this year our state govt has decided to force us to have daylight savings so starting tomorrow I will be on GMT + 9 until the end of summer so I guess that means this morning when it was midnight for you it was 7am for me but tomorrow it will be 8am when its your midnight. Have I totally confused you? I think I confused myself.

WA is three hours behind NSW at the moment as they have started daylight saving and we haven't but from tomorrow we weill only be 2 hrs behind again. WA is 1.5 hrs behind SA normally too but 2.5 hrs until tomorrow.
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:51 am
Hi there Joaquin,
Here in New Zealand we are in our own time zone (okay okay shared with a few pacific islands, siberia etc.).

It is like ground hog day in this time zone, parcels from ebay tend to drop a week or two as they reach us. TV programs include reruns of American sitcoms that I remember from when I was a child and somewhere not far from me there are dozens of farmers rounding up sheep (their numbers are usually rounded up, so that the farmers can boast they have a bigger floke than their neigboughs). :???: Okay okay maybe half a dozen farmers then.. I was just doing what they do!

At the time of posting this message it is 7:50pm Sunday here.. but it's 6:50am Sunday in GMT. This means there are less shopping days till xmas here!!!
Page 1 of 1

Login