Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:03 pm
Hello,
I bought the software program "Photo Explosion Deluxe" a couple of weeks or so ago and I am still trying out how to best adjust my pictures with it...All I want to do right now is make them smaller, but when I manage to do this I also get them totally out of focus... :-?

Does anybody here have this or a similar program and can give me a few pointers? :? I would really appreciate it :?

Absolutly and totally clueless Mo :-?

My head is really smoking right now..which might also have to do with the fact that I have spent two hours watching Ginger Rogers trying to keep up with Fred Astaire while cutting newspaper articles of my family out of the local papers....(me, not Ginger Rogers, all she had to do was dance with Fred Astaire)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Tojo » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:12 pm
I use Adobe Photoshop & have never had that problem whilst resizing photos :-?

I hope someone here can help you out though
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:15 pm
Ok, I know I am revealing now how much I really know, namely nothing....

but is it better to change the height and width of the pictures or the pixels?? :-?

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:28 am
I was told that the pixels should be as big as possible for quality....but then you resize the pic with the editing software later.

I don't know the program you use but I know I should invest in something a bit more modern than the one I have someday.

You know nothing as well?.....join the club :D

Dyar

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:28 am
Hi Maureen

If it's for posting on the forum then I'd change the pics to something like 350 pixels wide. There should be a tick box to auto-lock the size ratio so it changes the whole pic and doesn't just change the width. And save at a medium quality, not high. As long as you don't over write your original file, if you think it is too small then try again with different number of pixels. Just remember to save the resized image as your file name and then put small or sml on the end, and then if you want you can keep your original as well in case you need to use the bigger one later, you can.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:58 am
I was told that the pixels should be as big as possible for quality....but then you resize the pic with the editing software later.
that may have been my problems, as I was keeping the pixels as low as possible :-?

Hi Maureen

If it's for posting on the forum then I'd change the pics to something like 350 pixels wide. There should be a tick box to auto-lock the size ratio so it changes the whole pic and doesn't just change the width. And save at a medium quality, not high. As long as you don't over write your original file, if you think it is too small then try again with different number of pixels. Just remember to save the resized image as your file name and then put small or sml on the end, and then if you want you can keep your original as well in case you need to use the bigger one later, you can.
Hi Karen,
thanks for the hints...I will try this out today or tomorrow night :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Bunno Smurf » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:15 pm
yes making the pixels low will change the quality of the pic. I use the percentage box usually to change my pics. If I make my 100% orginals 40% that works for the forum. depends what size your originals are though I guess. Change the height and width though Maureen. Make it just under half the original and it should be fine to fit on.
:star: LINDA :star:
Page 1 of 1

Login