Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:51 pm
Yayy

I signed an employment contract yesterday. Unfortunately I am no longer a proper IT worker, but thats life. :( After 13 years experience plus four years study you would think I would have had employers fighting over me - it used to be like that when I got my last jobs. I left my former employer in february to cross grade my old IT qualifications for an IT degree and whipped it with straight A's. They say IT is the future and are crying out for workers, but just not in the South Island.

The North Island is where all the jobs are, while the South Island is more of a retirement village. I always get asked if I want to relocate but having a house here and my life already set up I have chosen to get out of the industry and become a business analyst/project manager.

I should soon be able to afford the smurf purchases again (although I am payed at the end of each month only). Things will be tight for December with no income, but I'll have to borrow from my folkes. Maybe when I'm in the swing of things I can find escapism in smurfs again.

The job involves a lot of travel - maybe a third of the time - to client sites around NZ, Oz and the UK (and with a large marketing drive in the UK in March, I may end up of there a fair bit). At this stage I don't know when or if I will have any time to myself, but I may get some weekends at somestage. I start at the beginning of December. :-D

Hoorooh
Daryl

Postby Rachel » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:58 pm
Congratulations Daryl, that really is wonderful news. :cheers:

It all sounds very exciting and I wish you all the very best of luck with it. Please remember, if you are coming the the UK you would be more than welcome to come and visit us here in Wales, home of rugby and sheep, I think you would feel right at home! :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby SA Smurfette » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:10 pm
Congratulations Daryl :D

Your new job sounds great, especially the travel 8)

Hopefully it won't be long and you'll be spending like crazy on smurfs again :)
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:16 pm
congratulations, Daryl...this must have been an exciting day for you :D

Your job sounds very interesting, I hope you will like it and get to know a lot of nice people... :-D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Pitufo » Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:11 pm
Wonderful news, Daryl!!!!!!!!!!And good luck in your new job!!!!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

To work for buying smurfs or not to work for buying smurfs...that is the question!!!!!!!!!!!

And hope your visits to europe let you to go to some of the smurfs fair we have...
JOAQUÍN

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:05 pm
Congratulations Daryl :cheers:

This is really great news to see you back in the race again and knowing that funds will be coming back in once more.

It can be tough being unemployed but good to hear you have survived and can now move on.

Good luck...I hope it's a great company to work for and you may be able to pick up a few of your ebay purchases on your travels.

Dyar

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:17 am
Wales, home of rugby and sheep

Don't forget the pot noodle mines too.......... :) :) :)

Big congratulations to you Daryl, I hope your job works out great for you and those smurfy bargains start rolling in......... :-D :cheers: :-D

Smurfy regards
Steve :D

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:47 am
Congratulations Daryl, your new job sounds very exciting. :-D Lucie

Ps Rach, i forgot about the "Pot Noodle Mines " in Wales. I nearly spat my drink over the computer whilst reading that ! :haha: :lol3: Luce

Postby steveparkes » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:00 am
Well done Daryl - good luck in your new job :D
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby aussiesmurf » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:15 am
Congrats Daryl, good luck and remember to say ur prays.... :-D :-D
:flower:

Meagan

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:24 am
Congratulations Daryl and good luck in your new job!!! :-D :fingers:

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:58 am
Thanks y'all

It'll be good to get back into it again. :cheers:

Postby Michelle » Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:17 am
Greeat to hear you have a job!

I wish you all the best and many nice colleges(?)
:partyon:

Michelle

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:18 am
Great news Daryl, good luck in your new job ! :D

:-D :beer:

Postby eggie smurf » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:59 am
Congrats, Daryl!! Let the smurf buying commence :cheers:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby southernyacht » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:02 pm
Well done Daryl! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Cathy x :cat:

Postby Tojo » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:30 am
Great news Daryl :D :-D :D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Nuts about smurfing » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:53 am
Excellent Daryl
Mark
Smurfcount: 726 - Regulars needed: 2 - Supers needed: 27 - Promos, sockels & other stuff needed: 213,445,387,675,897,789
Postby smurfwish » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:12 pm
Well done Daryl...that's fantastic news :cheerleader2: :cheerleader2: :cheerleader2:

Maxine x
Page 1 of 1

Login