Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 2
Postby Gerda » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:51 pm
I'm just going to vent a bit here.. forgive me as I normaly don't do this, but I feel I must or I will hurt someone.....
I have been selling on ebay this past month again getting rid of unwanted clutter and diffrent odds and ends (my online garage sale) Anyway I sold some of my barbie items and I had this bidder send me a personal check. Being one that trusts people I thought nothing of it to send the person there items befor the check cleared.. Needless to say I got a phone call from my bank today telling me I owed them the money from the check because it bounced. Ebay has since kicked this seller off ebay so now I am left trying to collect. It wasn't a super large amount ($17.65) but it's big enough. I sent them emails asking for a money order but I doubt I will get it. Ever since that phone call I've been so upset that I could just cry..... damn criminals.

sorry for venting..

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby SA Smurfette » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:01 pm
That's awful Gerda :???:

I hope they send you a money order.

I haven't used cheques for years, not many people do here in Australia anymore. It's mainly just businesses that do.

It is a pain when they bounce though as you get charged for it as well :x

I don't now how people can write cheques when they know they damn well don't have the money :x

I hope you hear back from them Gerda :D

:hug:
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:04 pm
Gerda,
I am sorry to hear that, and completly understand why you needed to vent.

I hope you get this one resolved quickly and you will get your money :hug:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Bunno Smurf » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:37 pm
Hi Gerda,

You would think you'd be pretty safe with them having at least $17.65 in the bank so I can understand you just trusting them. Some people just make you mad don't they? :argue: :angry:

I hope they come good and send you a money order.
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby Rachel » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:30 am
Hi Gerda, I am sorry to hear that. :hug:

Not only is it an inconvience when this happens, especially as Ebay has already thrown them off, but it does make you doubt other buyers too.

I always used to do the same as you and send the item before the cheque had cleared but recently I found myself waiting for it to clear before going ahead and posting the item. I don't know why and I haven't had any problems but it was just something that I felt better doing. Maybe it is the way Ebay is going. :-?
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:08 am
You are just an innocent party Gerda, it's the damn buyer who is at fault, you're only crime is you have been a nice person to deal with and that aint no crime ! I would be angry too ! :angry:

:-D :beer:

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:04 am
I would be very angry too Gerda. It's no surprise that people don't trust anyone anymore when things like this happen....I know the amount is not high but why should you have to pay for anything.....I think that has made me really mad too.

Maybe we should just go and hunt people like this down....I hear you have some hunting equipment in the house Gerda...what are we waiting for? :wink:

Dyar

Postby Gerda » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:02 am
thanks guys for the kind words and the understanding. It's so frustrating. I was so upset last night that I could barely sleep. BUT I figure today is a new day, I will send off the letter that I made up for her with my name and address and the amount she owes me and leave it at that. I doubt I will hear anything from her though.
I did get a couple nice smurf items yesterday. One was a smurf hanky that I did not yet have and a german sockel. I'll post pictures of it later. so I'm going to spend my day drowning myself in smurfs :D Maybe I'll even get something done on my website :) as i have been terribly slow on that. :) :)

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:49 pm
Hi Gerda, thats really awful . The horrid buyer shouldnt have bid on your auctions if they didnt have the means to pay for the items. You now have lost out both ways. I think its awful then the bank make you pay for someone else bounced cheque, you are the innocent party. It makes me really cross, we have a few patients that bounce cheques at the dentist i work at. Hope you manage to get a money order out of them. Lucie :D
Postby XoioX2000 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:29 am
It is so frustrating when something like this happens. Sorry that it has happened to you Gerda...
I got a phone call from my bank today telling me I owed them the money from the check because it bounced.
I don't understand: Do you owe money to the bank because the cheque bounced?????
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:55 am
Hi Gerda,

how awful!!! I'm very sorry to hear that!!! :hug: I would be angry, too.
Postby SA Smurfette » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:38 am
It is so frustrating when something like this happens. Sorry that it has happened to you Gerda...
I got a phone call from my bank today telling me I owed them the money from the check because it bounced.
I don't understand: Do you owe money to the bank because the cheque bounced?????
I used to work for a bank David and our fees were :

If you deposited a cheque into your account and it bounced it was a $12 fee.

Also the person who wrote the cheque would be charged $25
So it would overdraw their account further, which they deserve I reckon if they write cheques without enough funds and some poor person cops a fee for paying it into their account :x

Check out my smurfy site

Postby Gerda » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:55 am
I actually just cashed the check not deposited it. I did not get charged a fee (thank goodness for small favores) I just got charged the face value of the check. I hope they get stuck with a huge penalty though :angry: Ok that's mean, but darn it they should get something.

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby SA Smurfette » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:18 am
I actually just cashed the check not deposited it. I did not get charged a fee (thank goodness for small favores) I just got charged the face value of the check.
gerda
Oh lucky , Gerda :D

Lets hope they cop a huge fee then :D

Check out my smurfy site

Postby Bunno Smurf » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:52 pm
I actually just cashed the check not deposited it. I did not get charged a fee (thank goodness for small favores) I just got charged the face value of the check. I hope they get stuck with a huge penalty though :angry: Ok that's mean, but darn it they should get something.

gerda

You'd think in this day and age with computers and such they'd be able to verify whether an account has money in it before they cash a cheque. It can't be that hard can it??
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby SA Smurfette » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:08 am

You'd think in this day and age with computers and such they'd be able to verify whether an account has money in it before they cash a cheque. It can't be that hard can it??
It can be that hard.
Every bank wouldn't be able to have every other banks account balances or customer details.

Check out my smurfy site

Postby Gerda » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:42 am
what I don't understand is why banks don't go after the person who wrote the check. They have all of the persons informations but in the end it is the person cashing the check that gets penalized. Banks have much more power to do stuff than little people so it is a big loop hole in the system if you ask me.

But on a very surprising note i got a phone call from her yesterday. She apologised to me and said whe would send me a western union payment :shock: I have not gotten it yet so i'm not jumping up and down, but the fact that she did contact me is shocking enough..

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:12 am
Hi Gerda, thats really good to hear, and a positive step too for you. I will keep my fingers crossed for you and hope it all goes well for you ! Lucie :fingersx:

Postby Rachel » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:50 am
Hi Gerda, that does at least sound like progress that you have heard from the buyer. I will keep my fingers crossed they keep their word. :fingers:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:27 am
Good luck Gerda.....I will keep my fingers crossed as well :D

Dyar
Page 1 of 2

Login