Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby DrunkSmurf » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:42 am
Dave Tennant's Dr Who episodes have arrived in the states, and I more than agree with what Rachael or Karen said about him filling the role. I've almost forgotten the actor who came before him. In the pictures, he looks like a skinny, nerdy guy in a suit, but his performance is really strong.

I like watching Dr Who also because it gives me an idea what the Brits are thinking. Its a change watching a show in which the aliens always strike London instead of New York.

My only real complaint is that sometimes the show's forays into current politics are a little awkward. The "cat hospital" episode seemed to be making a statement against stem cell research, but over-simplifyinging the argument.

The pure entertainment episodes come off a little better, I think.

Postby Rachel » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:02 pm
HI Tim, yes David Tennant is doing a great job and as far as I am concerned, just as good, if not better than Chris Eccleston. :-D

Have you heard about the spin off which has just started called Torchwood. It is more of an adult story line and only just started last week but I have to say it is brilliant so far. It is starring Captain Jack and I *think* it may have some kind of cross-over to Dr Who in the future. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:04 pm
Oo I taped Torchwood but haven't watched it so far, must remember to do so now! :D

Postby DrunkSmurf » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:08 pm
Hi, I heard there'd be a spinoff with Captain Jack. The last three episodes mentioned Torchwood (Werewolf, Girl in the Fire, Cybermen Pt 1), and I was wondering if they were going somewhere bigger with the idea.

I didn't like Captain Jack at first (by coincidence or not, Cpt Jack is a brand of rum in the states), but by the end of his run with Eccleston, he was my favorite character.

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:41 pm
I agree David Tennant more than fits the bill for the dr, he seems to bring that much more energy and life to the role than the previous....... :-D

Torchwood is much more full on as Rach says it has more of an adult storyline/concept and John Barrowman is superb....... :-D

Smurfy regards
Steve :D
Page 1 of 1

Login