Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 2
Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:00 pm
the weirdest thing happened to me last night. :-?

I was packing packages late in the evening to get them shipped off today.... I do that in my computer room. My TV is in the living room.. I suddenly heard an awful noise and thought, that's the dogs whining because of a siren driving by, but the noise got louder and weirder and I didn't know what kind of a car would make that sound... then music started and I knew it was music from one of my smurf DVDs... but I didn't have my TV turned on... (the DVD player was on stop) I went into the living room and sure enough the TV was turned on with the DVD playing.... I had not turned it on... and don't know what did... But I saw the cutest thing.. My cat sat in front of my TV easy chair watching TV.... :-?

I must admit thought, I was a bit shaken up after that, and thought to myself "Maureen, you do not believe in ghost, no you do not believe in ghost." :bolt: :knackered: :pumpkin: :bat: :scared:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Tojo » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:09 pm
I think you've maybe underestimated your cat. All along you were thinking it's a normal cat while it's really a hyper-intelligent alien life form that loves watching the smurfs when you're not looking :) :o

Ok, maybe not.....
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby DrunkSmurf » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:16 pm
It's not impossible that the cat stepped on the remote and turned the TV on. My two year old daughter sometimes plays with the car keys, thumbs the horn button, and the car sounds off out of the blue (it's actually a minor problem because she'll sometimes activate the door, which causes the inside light to go on, potentially wearing down the battery if we don't notice).

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:15 pm
I had ghostly experiences when I was 13......it frightened the hell out of me and I ran straight out of my house one day and to my friend's house swearing I would never go back into my home...but I did and eventually the experiences disappeared.....but I was totally freaked out by it all and still remember my nerves being on edge during that period.

Dyar

Postby attombomb7 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:56 pm
hi!

maybe your pets do this all the time when you are out?

and got caught! very cute expierance you had!

too bad you didn't have a movie camera handy! :)
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby SA Smurfette » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Wow Maureen, that would've scared the crap out of me :shock: :)

At least your cat has good taste watching the smurfs :)
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby steveparkes » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:32 pm
Ooooh...sounds spooky...I've never seen a ghost myself despite spending the night alone in several haunted castles, jails & pubs...had 1 spooky experience though..a door opening infront of me when there was nobody there :shock:
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:23 am
That's right...I remember that pic of you looking like an alien (all green) from a while back.....how could I forget we had a real Ghostbuster on the forum. I know who I'm gonna call when there's something strange in my neighbourhood.

Dyar

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:40 am
I thought at first my cat had turned the DVD player on, but I don't have a remote control for the TV that works, so you have to push the button on the TV.... :???: :eek:

and the remote control for the DVD player was kinda leaning over on the table, so if my cat had been on top of it, it would have fallen down....
:shock: :eek:

he really must be much smarter than I give him credit for. :) :)

Just wonder what that cat does when I am not here :shock: :cool:

:) :) :)

Maybe I do need a video camera set up here...

I just remembered, I also had the alarm going off one day for now reason what so ever, so there is no telling how long that ghost has been living here :eek:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:06 am
Maybe the ghost is starting to protest or become concerned as it may think his house is now being haunted by smurfs or something......or maybe the ghost just fears that now you have started collecting smurfs that very soon there may be no room left for him to float around.

What I would do is buy the 2006 Ghost Smurf and convert it to a smurf fan as well....he may go and snatch a few smurfs from elsewhere so you both have a really nice collection together. If you already have it and it has no effect them try hiding behind the lounge and when he appears hold up the Ghost Smurf and go "wooooooo". This may scare the ghost away and then everything will be ok again.

Or.....invite all of us over and we can scare the ghost away ourselves.....when I say scare it away ourselvesI really mean....we would all be hiding behind Steve of course in the hope he knows what he's doing and can fix the problem so we can all talk tough to everyone after the event.

Sounds pretty freaky though....I hope it's nothing but a very interlligent cat that is just trying to spook you because you didn't buy the Azrael figure yet.

Dyar

Postby steveparkes » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:17 am
lol - thanks Dyar...I've got a good video camera with night vision if you want to borrow it maureen :)
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:30 am
I've got a good video camera with night vision if you want to borrow it maureen :)
Ooh I could borrow that too Steve as I have a few ghosts in my cottage when I get fortunate enough...and when I finish with it I could take it myself to Staci's house as she might have some ghosts as well.

Syd :D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:23 am
...I've got a good video camera with night vision if you want to borrow it maureen
that's a great idea... Hey, I just remembered my step brother has one like that, too he uses it to find a good hunting ground.... :) :) :)

Maybe, I should use it in my house... but then...... I may be too scared to find out what's taken over the house... :scaredy: :scared: . Maybe the smurfs have come alive :scratchinghead:
:idea:

Hidden in the Woods

Postby steveparkes » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:37 am
lol - thats the only problem Maureen..by the sounds of it though it's a good ghost if it likes watching the smurfs :)

Postby Rachel » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:10 am
LOL! :haha:

A ghost or a smurf loving cat? Now that is a mad question. :scared:

No wonder you were a bit freaked out Maureen, I think I would have been too.

Funnily enough, I had something similar last night too. I got up at about 2.30am to let the dogs out to the toilet and when I came back upstairs I heard a strange noise and when I looked around I could see a strange light from underneath the smurf room door. I have to admit it took me a few seconds to pluck up the courage to open the door. When I did I actually had to laugh as the computer in there was running but because the side is off it because it likes to overheat, the flashy blue neon light that is on the fan was lighting up the room.

BUT

I really don't know why the computer was on in there as I had been in there all earlier and it wasn't switched on then and as there isn't a monitor in there at the moment as Richard has borrowed it to play games on another PC it had no reason to be switched on anyway!

:yikes:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby XoioX2000 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:57 am
Scary stuff that Maureen! :sprint:

Putting it down to the cat is... by far the safest... for the mind that is!

You could also argue that if the cat wasn't spooked then there was no reason to be spooked: You know they say cats can feel and see things we can't... so if the is calm and cute, then whatever it is, is not a threat...

Funny thing these computers that switch themselves on isn't it?

Now in the good old days of "light-switch-like" buttons, this did not happen. (unless you had a ghost of course). However nowdays with these power supply switches controlled by software (ie Microsoft Windows)... anything is possible.

For example it is possible to program the computer to wake up from cold, boot up, carry out a specific task and shut itself off afterwards.

Imagine your computer wakes up in the middle of the night to bid on that far away auction just before it ends, wins it and switches itself off... all that without you having to even wake up and you find the print out next to your breakfast in the morning... :):):)

Unfortunately these days, it is much more common for a dial-up to install itself on your machine discretly and wakes up in the middle of the night to dial a premium number and run up your phone bill.

If you are on broadband, then the dial up hasn't got access to your normal phone line so no worrie, but if you are on a dial up then make sure you run your most beloved anti-spyware programs on a regular basis...
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby Rachel » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:47 am
Hi David, Thanks for the advice. :-D

I don't think we have a problem as this computer isn't connected to the internet at all, doesn't have a phone line to it or even much software as I only use it for taking pics as it has our video card in it. :-?

I am not going to panic just yet as I haven't mentioned it to Richard and for all I know he switched it on to watch the little blue light! :gaga:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:51 pm
I told my story to some people at work today, and one actually had the audacity to imply :crazyangry: that the smurfs might be responsible for evil spirits in my house.... :evil: :yikes: ....

I just told her I am not afraid of evil spirits..... :mad: :peace:

The cat wasn't spooked at all, :cat: however.... sometimes he does get spooked for no apparent reason..... :scaredy:

Hidden in the Woods

Postby XoioX2000 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:01 am
The cat wasn't spooked at all, :cat: however.... sometimes he does get spooked for no apparent reason..... :scaredy:
That's scary! :o

Pfffttt... cats... can't trust them!!! :-D :) :)

Ours is a bit loopy too... nevermind... :) :) :)
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby Cool Smurf » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:16 pm
Hi!

My dog loves to lay on the living room couch and accidentally press different buttons on the TV remote. He keeps making the TV go on and off.

I definitely believe in ghosts. My old house was haunted, and I saw a ghost standing in the road one evening a few months ago. :shock:
Robin, you dog, you- Vanity "The Adventures of Robin Smurf"
Page 1 of 2

Login