Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:33 am
How is the weather in Europe now? Is it still so hot? :-?

I think the heat is now in the US. I have heard it is really hot up north, but even here in the "south" it is very hot....I must be getting used to it though, because usually two or three hours at the yard sale in the heat kill me, but I was feeling pretty good yesterday even after six hours :D .... of course I am paying for it now (especially for not using sun lotion). :angry: .. My burnt shoulders are killing me..... :banghead:

Well, let's see how the heat will be today and tomorrow... I'll be six hours in the car each day, so that should be fun..... :-D

Talk to ya tomorrow night (hopefully) :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:55 am
It cooled down for about a week and now it's starting to go stupid hot again. Grrrr... :banghead: :angry:

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:06 pm
Hi it was really hot today and we went up the dales to Bolton Castle. As soon as we got out of the car it went really cold. Now its really really wet. I think we maybe getting a thunder storm soon. Its really inconsistent at the moment. Lucie

Postby Rachel » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:35 pm
It has been lovely in Wales for the last few days. :sun:

We had our week of rain which I didn't really mind as we are decorating at the moment and the garden desperately needed some water and then Summer returned towards the middle of last week. I think it was Friday we decided to take a break from decorating and spent a fabulous day in the garden cutting the lawns and topping up the tan and since then the sun has been out all the time. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:04 pm
It has been getting slightly warmer down here over the last week (about time :x )....we haven't been using the heater much lately but I am feeling sorry for anyone down here who still only has an outside toilet. :shock:

Soon the warmth will return and take this chill and Mastercard weather away...and happy days will be here again.

Dyar

Postby eggie smurf » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:16 pm
Maureen, yes, it has been dreadfully hot up north - I think it was hotter here than down south! Finally on Saturday it started to cool down to the low 90s (instead of high 90s) and tomorrow the high will only be 84. Thank god!! :)
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby attombomb7 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:25 am
its been super hot hot hot hot ! here all summer

and very HUMID!
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Bunno Smurf » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:13 am
Well we have been having another tornado here. The one last year was in Bunbury which is a good 16km away but the one today was in Australind where we live. The house in this picture is only 1km from our house....they said it did a trail of 1km wide destruction so we're pretty lucky all that happened was the bins blowing over and the slide blowing off the kid's playground thing in our yard. Also I have no idea where Eloise's Pooh Bear Ball blew away to...it WAS in the backyard.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/20 ... 708664.htm
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:41 am
Woah....I don't scared of much but I think a bad tornado would have me pretty freaked. Glad to hear you weren't in the path of destruction Linda.....but poor Eloise, I hope she finds her ball or she may really get the poohs.....it's probably closer to Rae's house after that tornado.

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:25 pm
Oh Linda, I am glad to hear you are all safe. It sounds like you had a very close miss and judging by the pics there was an awful lot of damage. :???:
Also I have no idea where Eloise's Pooh Bear Ball blew away to...it WAS in the backyard.
Last seen heading towards Europe. If it reaches here I will be sure to send it back to Eloise. :pooh:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:23 pm
Wow, Linda, I am so glad you and your family are ok..... What a scary experience that must have been. :shock: :shock:

When I first moved here, we had a Tornado hit the Mountain I am living on and pretty much destroyed the house I had just moved out off..... that was something else, so I can imagine what you must have felt and probably are still feeling. :???:
Hopefully the weather is much better now. :D

I spent the night in Memphis and they had record heat they said... thankfully, the motel room had Air conditioning so it wasn't that bad... But coming home to temperatures in the upper 90s with no air conditioning in my house was no fun.... I think it is hotter in the house right now than outside.. :banghead:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Bunno Smurf » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:33 pm
Heres some pictures my brother-in-law took. He lives in Australind also and this is only 400m from his house! The roundabout and houses are at the end of his street.

This is what he had to say about this last pic:
This shot is looking down our road where it crosses Old Coast Road. I don't know if you can see in the photo the way the wind has 'screwed' the tops of the trees off.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:48 pm
Linda,
those are great pictures of a horrible situation.. :shock: :shock:

Did anybody get hurt in those houses?

What about your brother in law? did he suffer any damage?

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Bunno Smurf » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:53 pm
From watching the news I don't think anyone got hurt though most people were sleeping in their houses when it happened as it was 1:30am. Mike said his house was fine though the loud noises did wake him.

Postby SA Smurfette » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:59 pm
Great pics Linda.
Sure was some damage :???:

It would be awful for that to happen to your house :(

Glad no one was hurt :D
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com
Page 1 of 1

Login