Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby XoioX2000 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:41 am
Guys and Girls from the UK:

Sometimes ago somebody was asking about how to get rid off some of these more than annoying marketing phone calls:

Here is the link for TPS (Telephone Preference Service) which enables you to do so:

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/

And there is also MPS (Mail Preference Service) which also enables you to be removed from Marketing (snail) mailing lists: (less junk in your inbox = less wasted paper, better for the planet)

http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/mpsr/

The best thing about TPS is if you were to get a marketing call once you are registered with them, you can say to the caller:
"Do you realise I am registered with TPS?"
and you won't believe how quickly they will end the call!!
That's because technically you can sue them for calling once you are registered!!!

Priceless!

:):):):)
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:33 am
Great tips David, I'll definately be using it :-D
Smurfy regards
Steve :D

Postby Rachel » Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:41 pm
Nice info David, Thanks. :thanks2:

Luckily we don't seem to get any problems now we have moved although we did used to get quite a few at the old house. Mind you, these days if we do get someone cold calling I just leave the phone on the table and get the dogs to bark into it. :hi5:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:35 am
I just leave the phone on the table and get the dogs to bark into it.
Ha ha, I like it! :) :) :) :) :)

Postby SA Smurfette » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:46 am
I wonder if we have anything like that in Australia?

I get heaps of calls and my number isn't even in the phone book, my partners mobile is though, but they always ring the home phone :-?
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Bunno Smurf » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:27 am
Yeah we do have one Rae but its on an "honour system". Companies agree not to call you of their own voalition if you're on the list....its not legally enforced. They don't have to agree to it if they don't want to but Phil says there is one coming out soon that will be enforced.

PS: Any time you put your phone number on a form (eg entry form for a competition) they can then pass that on to whoever. Some people run those competitions and promotions purely to get a database of phone numbers. Maybe thats how they got yours at some point???
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:10 pm
Whenever they call now I give the phone to Jack as he loves talking to people.....he tells them all about Star Wars and expects that they know exactly what he's on about too.

Dyar

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:46 pm
:haha: :lol3:

I love that one.......
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:22 pm
When I hear the word mail & telephone services in the same sentence.....I instantly think of.....

Call me....call me now.. :!:

I don't think there are any other type of tv ads on late at night....they tend to be back to back. Although you would have to have a few hang ups about your sex life to seriously call them.....then again as far as working for those phoney sex calls compared to those annoying calls we all get....it must be nice to actually have people happy to hear from you for a change......albeit a little too happy at times.

:mrgreen: :yikes:

Dyar

Postby XoioX2000 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:47 am
:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave
Page 1 of 1

Login