Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 2
Postby hfos » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:50 am
... but then I didn't go looking for them in Ireland. We only were there for six days (five nights) and, since I'd never been there before, I had other things on my mind, for once :D.

Ireland's damn pretty, and I'll never believe anyone ever again who says Ireland is all about rain. We had nothing but sunshine, sunshine and more sunshine. It got over 30°C at times.

I put up a couple of pics here, in case anyone's interested..!

Postby steveparkes » Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:09 am
WOW - they look beautiful Robin..I love the scenery..wonderful..I also like the one you took of you and Linda reflected in the train mirror :) :D
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:20 am
those are beautiful pictures....... :smitten: :smitten:

I think, Ireland is one of the most beautiful countries in the world... :smitten:

and yes, I, too, was always warned about the constant rain on the British Isles, but I actually got my worst sunburns in Wales and Ireland.... :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby SA Smurfette » Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:37 am
Great pics Robin :D

I'd love to go to Ireland one day 8)

Poor Linda looks like she couldn't even eat in peace without getting her picture taken :)

Like Steve mentioned, very clever pic in the reflection of the mirror :D
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:46 pm
Great pics Robin, Linda is very photogenic, she has a beautiful smile, I understand why you want to take lots of pictures of her!

Postby Tojo » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:47 pm
I've had 3 holidays in Ireland & all were great. The 1st was VERY wet but the other 2 we had wonderful weather. It doesn't always rain in Ireland & the same goes for Britain. In when it rains Ireland is brilliant - so many pubs to sit in :beer:

Mind you, last year when we went on holiday to south west England we left the kids at my parents house in Torquay & went for a 3 day mini holiday, just the 2 of us, to Bodmin in Cornwall. In Torquay the weather was great the whole time. Over Bodmin there sat a huge great big black cloud that dumped water on us continuously!! :cloud: Oh well, shit happens :)
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby hfos » Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:19 am
Thanks for the comments guys, everything was seriously very pretty and people were generally very nice! We went on one of those mini-tours (with the red van) and our driver Patrick (of course) told us the weather we had that day was pretty much unprecedented.
We stayed in Dublin, where we had an apartment which you can book at the backpackers hostel which was next door. That apartment was a great idea, because we could cook for ourselves, saving quite a bit of money. We went out for dinner one time, and we could have cooked ten meals at home for what we paid for that...
All in all a very nice short holiday, and I can recommend Ireland from now on! :-D

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:13 am
Great pics Robin. I would love to go to Ireland too someday. I love the accent, the place looks beautiful and I am even willing to give Guiness another go if I am there....hey, when in Rome as they say.

Thanks for sharing some pics from your adventure

Dyar

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:27 am
Those pictures are brilliant Robin :D

I am glad you enjoyed it, Ireland is a beautiful country ! And you had great weather too, which helps ! 8)

:-D :beer:

Postby Tojo » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:51 am
I am even willing to give Guiness another go if I am there....hey, when in Rome as they say.Dyar
Beamish is even better but it's mostly only seen in the far south as it's brewed in Cork & they don't seem to spend so much on advertising as Guiness does. Murphy's is not as good as Beamish or Guiness in my opinion but is valable in most pubs (also brewed in Cork). In May we went to a little private brewery which has a pub attached on the west coast in Ennis. It's called the Biddy Early Brewery & they have very, very nice stout :beer:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby hfos » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:12 am
I tried some Guinness ('When in Rome', indeed!) but am still more of a whisky drinker, so I also got a nice 16 year old Bushmills single malt. Not as nice as Scotch (imo), but it did the trick :D .

Postby steveparkes » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:59 am
Oooh yes, Beamish Red..yummy..as is Caffreys..yummy yum :cheers:
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Rachel » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:01 pm
HI Robin, sounds like you had a lovely time and the pics look wonderful. :cheers:

I love Ireland, such a wonderful place and such wonderful people. It has been a few years since I have visited so I really must make an effort to go again soon as it really is quite close for me to visit. :beer:
I think, Ireland is one of the most beautiful countries in the world...

and yes, I, too, was always warned about the constant rain on the British Isles, but I actually got my worst sunburns in Wales and Ireland....
Hi Maureen :wave2:

Where abouts in Wales did you visit? :sun:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:24 am
Very beautiful pics,
my aunt was in Dublin last year, wish I could have been there instead. ;)

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:13 am
Hi Maureen

Where abouts in Wales did you visit?

oooohhh Rachel. :-? .... that was over 20 years ago, when I was on the brink of becoming a Teenager..... :) ....
I don't remember, sorry...... must be getting old....
:( :( :(
All I remember is that it was beautiful,. :D .. we were in a little village close to the sea:-D ..... it was very hot,. :relieved: . and I heard "Careless Whisper" from George Michael for the first time... He was my BIG LOVE :smitten: in the 80s.....LOL 8)

Since my father was Irish and I was born in London, we went more to Ireland and London while I was growing up.... :D

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Rachel » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:42 pm
All I remember is that it was beautiful,.
That could be most of Wales. :-D

I am glad you remember it so nicely though and that you had nice weather. Unfortuantely Wales is well known for the rain but I can't moan as it has been lovely lately. :sun:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:05 pm
I would very much to go back and visit Wales again, but it's a bit farther away now than it used to be............ :(

Hidden in the Woods

Postby attombomb7 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:16 pm
I would very much to go back and visit Wales again, but it's a bit farther away now than it used to be............ :(

you guys are lucky to be so close to so many countrys! I feel like I;m on MArs here!

:) :) :) :) its a large trip for me to come over, and I wish I could move there, maybe?? someday!

I am still a dutch citizen I heard, if you are born there? hmmmm???
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:39 pm
I think Aussies feel like they are on Mars too as we are quite isolated down here besides coming across a few Queenslanders who must of landed on Earth a long time ago and never properly adjusted.

I wish I could do a world tour and visit everyone here....one day :D

Dyar

PS - There's no Queenslanders here is there? :sofa:

Postby SA Smurfette » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:23 am
besides coming across a few Queenslanders who must of landed on Earth a long time ago and never properly adjusted.

PS - There's no Queenslanders here is there? :sofa:
:haha: I think we only have one Dyar and he doesn't visit very often.

So I think your pretty safe bagging the Banana benders :)
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com
Page 1 of 2

Login