Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby bwalters » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:15 pm
Hi All; I know I have not been around much lately. I am sorry, But a good friend of mine has been missing for 35 days. I have pretty much been consumed by this. Especially since I thought I saw him Monday the 21st. I was entering a liquor store in front of my house. As I was walking up A girl pointed to the door. (which I had put up a flier with his pic a few days before). I didn't think about it when I entered. But as I exited I glanced at the car he was in. My thought was damn that looked like my friend. It was enough for me to take my beer to the car and go back in to take another look. He was using sign language to the girl which was still in front of the door. So I couldn't see real good, but again it looked like him. As I exited the second time I got a really good look, and thought that is him or looked an lot like him. He turned to look at the girl and never looked back. I have been trying to look at the video for about the last week and 1/2 his computer won't bring it up. And yes I called the police that monday night. They still have not been by to even try to look at the video. The store has 21 high def camera's two were looking at the car, van Suv. I think it was a SUV, but not sure. Heck I have not even tried to find any new Smurfs lately.
Mr Bill

Postby Tojo » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:13 pm
That's very worrying Bill. I really hope that your friend is ok.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby bwalters » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:29 pm
Thank you Tojo. I don't have any details yet. But his Ex-wife, but still his friend just posted RIP Eddie. So I guess they have found him. She just said she was getting read to tell her boys. His son's.
Mr Bill

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:09 pm
I am so sorry, Bill :hug:

What a tragic ending to a long nightmare for his family and friends :hug:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bwalters » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:21 pm
I saw a story on a couple of TV stations in town. It said he was found on Rock Quarry rd. Which is only about a mile long, and very close to the hospital that he was reliesed from. While we have to wait until monday for positive ID. They found his cell phone, hat and a bag with his papers at the top of a bluff. So it doesn't look good.
Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:29 pm
Here is a link to the story for any of you that want to read it.

http://www.kmiz.com/news/story.php?id=17460

I want to thank all of you for your support on here as well as facebook. I remember many a good laugh we had together. They even took me on a float trip for my 50th birthday. First and only time I have ever drank a beer while on the river. And I went many times. I remember one time I was at their house for a cook out. Their young boy Emilio was sitting in a high chair eating a popsicle. Someone offer him a piece of raw corn on the cob. He took a bite of it. Then threw the popsicle on the ground.
Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:25 pm
I guess I shouldn't be telling funny stories, But I have to. To keep from crying. They just showed the story on KOMU a few min ago. And I guess the police are going to have a news confrence that will air at 10pm tonight.
Mr Bill

Postby steveparkes » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:54 am
I'm very sorry to hear about your friend Bill. hope you are okay, we are always here if you need us
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby bwalters » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:48 am
Thanks Steve; What really bugs me about this is he was only 3 miles from me. He had never been to my house in Columbia. I had just gotten a new phone so he didn't have my number. Had I known he was in town I would have picked him up and brought him to my house and drove him home the next day, or done it that night. Not a whole lot I can do about that now.
Mr Bill

Postby Pickle Smurf » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:32 am
I'm so sorry, Bill, it's been such a worrying time for you.

Hugs xx

Postby bwalters » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:23 pm
thank you Karen. Yes it has really worn on me the past month. I thought I saw him for a couple of seconds a couple of weeks ago. The store has 21 high def camera's. I have been trying to see that video for almost 2 weeks. The guy I am working for right now asked me if something was wrong yesterday. I told him I was getting dejected that I couldn't see the video. Some guy is suposed to come and fix it for over a week and he hasn't shown up. I guess it is all done now. They will be postively identifing the body tomorrow. But his cell phone, some of him papers and a hat were found on a bluff. The body was in a creek bed below. What I don't know is why he desided to walk home. Its about 100 miles. To the north it is all pretty flat. But just 100 yards to the south from the hotel he went to to get a room. It drops off abruptly about 50 feet to the creek.
Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:03 pm
Well The corner could not identify him and has sent the skeliton to a anthropoigist it may take up to six weeks to identify him. If it was him he had been laying in a creek bed for 6 weeks. I don't like to think about this but between the heat, animals, and bugs it doesn't take long to turn to that. They said yesterday they were waiting on dental records. I guess that proved inconclusive.
Mr Bill

Postby Cassiebsg » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:26 am
Sorry to hear about this Bill. :hug:
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby bwalters » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:40 am
Thanks Cassiebsg.
Mr Bill

Postby Tojo » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:44 pm
This is all very sad Bill. It must be terrible for his family also.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby bwalters » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:31 pm
Thanks Tojo; I don't know if it's tougher that we all pretty much know it was him, or the fact that we may have to wait 6 more weeks to be sure. There was nothing left but a skeliton and that has been sent to a anthropoligest to determen if it was him. Doesn't look good though, they found his hat, cell phone and a bag of papers with his name on it on the bluff above.
Mr Bill
Page 1 of 1

Login