Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby bwalters » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:36 pm
Hi All; Tomorrow will be a sad day for me. My boss, friend and Mentor of over 33 years will have his last day with the company. He has already asked me to watch his dogs this summer, and is my landlord so I will still see him, but it won't be the same without him. This morning as I was getting a soda from the fridge he told me that the bottle of champaine that has been there for at least 9 years was mine. Then at lunch I found about 2,000 emery boards. I knew they came from him. He knows I love to give things away. When I gave all the balloons to out for valentine's day my new company offered to pay for them if I brought in the receipts. I had paid about $90 for them. I turned them down. Because then it would feel like it was from me. Any time I can put a smile on someone's face it makes me happy. And thats enough for me.
Mr Bill

Postby Tojo » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:18 am
That must be a strange sensation after 33 years Bill. Do you know who the new boss will be? I hope it's someone nice.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:02 am
Dear Bill,

sorry to hear that your boss is leaving. :( :hug: I wish you the best of luck. :fingers:

Postby bwalters » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:20 am
Thanks Everyone. Yes I have met the new boss. He lives about 120 miles away. He is nice, but I hardly every see him.
Mr Bill

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:00 pm
I've never had a boss for over 30 years yet but I think I know a bit of what you mean, Bill.

I've been used to managers that I know personally and had good relationships with them that were established over years. This year, however, I've had three managers (and will be starting with my fourth one on Monday) in as many months. All of them work in other states so I wasn't able to establish the interpersonal relationship which can only be created over time.

I hope you will be able to stay in touch with your old boss who apparently has become a personal friend of yours as well...and you are also able to establish a good relationship with the new one :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bwalters » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:58 pm
We just had a party at a local sports bar for him. It was pretty good the new boss came in from St louis to see him off. My old bosses wife asked him if he had asked me if I would watch their dogs in about a month. My boss said no, but I corrected him. He did ask me a couple of weeks ago. I love to take care of them. I had to leave because Max is not used to holding it any longer than 6:30
Mr Bill

Postby stampysmurf » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:32 pm
Hope things go well with your job and your new boss. That's such a rare thing to be friends with your boss.....most of the people I know can't stand their bosses! Hopefully you will be able to stay in touch with him and the doggies!
Page 1 of 1

Login