Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:54 am
I wasn't sure how many of you might be interested but thought some probably are so I wanted to share the exciting news with you.

April is going to be a month full of changes for me and my family.

The house is coming along fine and is nearly done so I am hoping if we continue at this rate that I can move in about four weeks (I say four weeks as I think the mortgage process will take at least two weeks). Once I am completely moved (can take a bit longer as I will have to wait on the phone company to hook my new house up) I will be selling the single wide trailer for which I have already received offers.

My grandmother's Green Card interview will be April 16th. She and my mother had decided to go for it since Granny is getting older and more feeble and needs to be with her close family. She will be living with my parents who are both retired. Things can change (as they always do with Granny) but as of right now we are thinking that she will come back with Mum who is going over there to be with Granny at the interview which is in Frankfurt.

And the most exciting news for me is that I was offered and accepted a new position with my employer effective April 5th. The new job is a promotion which means a higher job grade and less overtime (so I was told :) ) and is with a different department. After 10 years, I will no longer pay claims but work behind the scenes to investigate system issues and test system enhancements and work on new work flows. I am very very excited about this move......and yes...I am still part of the much maligned health care insurance industry...which really isn't as bad as everybody thinks right now :) :) :)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Beers » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:58 am
Nice one Moey :D

Good luck to your Granny too :fingers:
:stupidsmurf:

Postby Lia » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:03 am
congratulations Maureen, with all the good news!

Lia

Postby Tojo » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:13 am
The news about your new job is fantastic Maureen - I'm really happy for you :-D

I'll be keeping your fingers crossed for your gran too. Hopefully everything will work out so that she can enter the US. I've been past the US consulate (where I suppose she'll have to go) on a number of times. It's near the Palmengarten (or at leat it used to be - there was some talk of them moving).
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Pitufo » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:44 pm
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I am happy with all your changes!!!!!!!!!
JOAQUÍN

Postby stampysmurf » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:01 pm
Congratulations on all of your big changes!!! :D :D

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:57 am
Congratulations on your changes, Moey. :D At times, it will be tough, but it is the best solution for your granny. :D I'm glad you got a better position and I dare say that Obama did a great job by extending the health system. :D

Wishing you and your family all the best and heads up. :fingers: :grouphug:

Postby André » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:37 am
Great news Maureen!!

New job and new house!!! :-D
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby naish510 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:37 am
That's good news Moey !!!!
Congratulations!!!! :D :D :D
I really hope your grandmother will move soon to you :D

Postby Cassiebsg » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:04 pm
Great news Maureen! :D :) :)

Wish you the best and good luck to your granny. :fingers:
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby SmurfingH » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:41 am
That is so awesome Moey! :hug: :hug: :wine: :wine: I'm so happy for you!
Page 1 of 1

Login