Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby SmurfingH » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:55 pm
I've been too quiet for too long and I'm so glad to be back! I owe a lot of people an email at least and I will be catching up with everyone soon - promise!

Basically, there are 2 members of the family that are moving house, and both are elderly and need help. Well, Anne isn't so old really, but she does need help, and Grandma is suddenly much older and frailer than she used to be. That shouldn't be a surprise really because Grandma is 93! They're both moving to Brightlingsea, which is a town near us. It's an estuary town, which means it's on the water but it's not quite the sea. They've both stayed with us a lot (and by "us" I mean Mum and Dad but I've been over there too) and in between visits I've been absolutely exhausted! Still, everything's going well and with luck they will both have moved by the end of May. I'll keep you posted. :D

In addition, I've had an unused shower room converted into a smurf room. :joy: :joy: It's only just been finished and I'm still in the process of moving the smurfs in. I will be posting pictures soon. It's really good to give them their own room at last although some things will remain in the dining room which has now been renamed the hobby room!

I had a nasty shock at the weekend when I came home late at night to find water pouring through the dining room ceiling! Fortunately it missed all the important things and the damage was minimal! An upstairs toilet had been leaking quietly for months (I don't use that bathroom much) and the cistern had suddenly broken! It must have been a manufacturing flaw because it's the 2nd cistern I've had to replace this year! It's all cleared up now and the ceiling is drying out so after a lick of paint you won't know it happened at all. I was very lucky really though because it missed all the smurf stuff and other hobby things and only some books got a bit wet. The books are drying out nicely and there was nothing there that was valuable.

My apologies again for just disappearing. Sometimes you don't know what's round the corner and these moves have been decided upon quite quickly. Sometimes everything just happens at once! I have missed you all though! :world: :world:

Postby bradley » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:53 am
great to hear from you Hilary. hope you are well! You do sound busy.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:12 am
Wow..you have been busy, Hil...good to have you back :cheers:

It seems a lot of us are busy right now :???: Looking forward to some free time :)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Michelle » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:20 pm
Hi Hil,

Happy you are back...so will I soon.
I'm not much around also...so...

Big hug
Michelle
SUNDAY the 12th of October 2014!! Save the date!!! The 7th edition of Blue Paradise!!!!

Blue Paradise

Postby Azrael » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:57 am
Nice to have you back Hil! I've been off too, but good to see you're still on planet Earth! :-D

And Michelle too.. x
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby Tojo » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:10 am
I'm very glad to see you back here as well Hilary :D

It sounds like you've had a lot of adventures over the last month or so!!

Your cistern leak rings a bell. I'm just in the process of sorting out our shower upstairs as there was / is a leak somewhere & there's a damp patch on the kitchen ceiling again (this isn't the 1st time this has happened). I've just replaced the silicon in the shower tray so hopefully the problem is solved...
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:
Page 1 of 1

Login