Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:52 am
Hi guys,

since I had the feeling that my denist was trying to fraud me, I went to the dental center at the university of Witten/Herdecke yesterday, only to hear that I suffer from crossbite. :shock: :???: Well, if my former denist, whom I used to consult for many years, until his retirement had only given me that diagnosis earlier, things could have been easier for me, particular not so expensive, since the health insurance covers almost all expense until the age of 18. :angry: :(

I was told to have the teeth x-rayed and to see the ortho dentist in about four weeks time. :???:

Postby stampysmurf » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:59 am
Sorry to hear that, do they have invisalign where you are? They are like a clear plastic retainer that you wear instead of the metal brackets and they don't show when you talk or smile.

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:04 am
Norma: I was given that yesterday and told that I had to wear them at night, but it isn't fixed as most brackets are.

Postby stampysmurf » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:15 am
I used to work in a ortho office and it seemed like most adults preferred the invisalign over the traditional metal brackets if they had a choice. They liked the fact that they could remove it for easier cleaning and brushing, stuff like that. I can remember the lecture people got when they got the metal brackets....."nothing sticky, gooey, chewey or crunchy" and I used to think to myself what's left to eat if you can't eat sticky, gooey, chewey or crunchy!!! :) :) :)

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:18 am
Well, everything is fine with me. :( If only, I could get away the horrible looks. I hate my teeth. :???: :(

Postby PonySmurf » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:17 am
Dom... can you get a 2nd opinion from another dentist?

Postby stampysmurf » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:38 am
Oh Dom, you poor thing....try not to feel so bad. I do know how you feel though, your smile is what you present to the world and if your not liking your teeth right now I totally understand it hard to smile.
I worked out front in the office so I don't know too much about all of the different treatments but I do remember that there was one called speed brackets and I think they were a lot quicker than the regular metal brackets. Have you gone for your visit where they sit down with you and discuss your treatment plan and the expense and stuff like that?

Postby JT » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:06 pm
Don´t be sad Dom :hug:

Your "problem" can be solved with brackets, while I´d need heavy surgery to get my looks to be suitable for little children :)

But seriously, I wish you all the best of luck and hope your treatment works out fine :D

JT

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:54 pm
Sorry to hear the bad news, Dom :hug:

You'll be glad though you went thru it when you see your new "improved" smile...I had to wear braces (at night) for 10 years growing up and hated it...but now I am so glad I did it :D

I hope you will hear good news about the expenses and that insurance will cover part if not most of it :hug:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:24 am
Dom... can you get a 2nd opinion from another dentist?
Well, that's exactly why I went to the dental center. :(

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:27 am
. Have you gone for your visit where they sit down with you and discuss your treatment plan and the expense and stuff like that?

The whole prob will be discussed in about four weeks time. :???: :(

I will keep you posted.

Postby stampysmurf » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:27 pm
Good luck Dom! I think once you sit down with them and see what your options are you will feel a lot better about it. Smurfy Hugs and Smiles!
Page 1 of 1

Login