Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby PonySmurf » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:17 am
I just re-read Frank Miller's "That Yellow B@stard" from the Sin City tales... amazing! Haven't cracked it open in about 7 or 8 years.

I really love BONe by Jeff Smith -- kind of a cross between Smurfs and Lord of the Rings. No joke! I bet many of you would love it.

Anyone else have recommendations?

;)
Postby PVCBlue » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:10 am
I just re-read Frank Miller's "That Yellow B@stard" from the Sin City tales... amazing! Haven't cracked it open in about 7 or 8 years.

I really love BONe by Jeff Smith -- kind of a cross between Smurfs and Lord of the Rings. No joke! I bet many of you would love it.

Anyone else have recommendations?

;)
If you can find it over there Brandon, I recommend you buy and read the "Elfquest" graphic novel series. :cheers:
"Smurfs, Smurfs, and More Smurfs!"

Postby lobo » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:53 am
You should try with FABLES.
It´s about all the fairytales characters´ escape from their fantastic realms which have been invaded for a mysterious enemy.It´s very interesting to see Snowhite, the wolf and every character you can think of forced to live in the real world.
Try to download the comic first but if you like it and I´m sure you´ll love it, buy it please!

Postby PonySmurf » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:04 am
Yep, I love ElfQuest! Have not read Fables but I heard good things about it. I recently have read several volumes of Usagi Yojimbo... also excellent stuff. ;)

Postby PVCBlue » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:10 am
Yep, I love ElfQuest! Have not read Fables but I heard good things about it. I recently have read several volumes of Usagi Yojimbo... also excellent stuff. ;)
Hey Brandon, did you know ElfQuest is being made into a movie?? :-D

Postby PonySmurf » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:31 pm
I had heard about it... but sometimes it takes 10 years for things to come to fruition on some of these projects. I can't believe THE HOBBIT finally got the green light! 5 more years of work for me! :D

Postby hfos » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:51 am
I never got into Bone. And I don't really know what to recommend, I like most stuff by Warren Ellis (Transmetropolitan, Global Frequency), Garth Ennis (Preacher, The Boys), Grant Morrison when he's being experimental (i.e. We3, old Doom Patrol, Animal Man)... I've boxes full of the things.
I'm assuming you've read Watchmen, V for Vendetta, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and From Hell by Alan Moore..? All of these have been made into movies but they're pretty much all bad (or so I heard, I've only seen two of them).

Postby PonySmurf » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:42 pm
V For Vendetta was a great film. The graphic novel was better... ;)

I enjoyed Watchmen enough... but it was missing something.

Postby PVCBlue » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:52 pm
I enjoyed Watchmen enough... but it was missing something.
Um.... pants on Doctor Manhattan??? :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Postby PonySmurf » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:27 pm
:)

Yeah... that was the most obvious thing ;)
Page 1 of 1

Login