Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 2
Postby Azrael » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:39 am
Hi everyone!

It's been a while since I have been properly on here but I wanted you all to know what I've been up to.

Since the start of August one of my scripts for a TV series was picked up and I have just finished filming the pilot in London. I thought you might like to see some pictures. Due to some legal reasons/ownership issues I only have a couple and I can't put them on the net, but one good one is on my twitter page which you can find here: www.twitter.com/alanmechem

Also, went to the USA and toured Nevada/Utah/Arizona with Laura as, as you can imagine, we have been spending a lot of time apart, what with the filming, so it was nice to get away.... anyway.... not only did I find me some smurfs (the play-along.. all but the new houses and figures)... three hardees cups, some brilliant Smurf key-toppers (brand new! Dunno if you have seen them? I can;t attach pictures as my files are too big! Did I mention 'Hello to Hil'? ) and the Smurfette make-up range but also....

I got engaged!!!

:) To this pretty girl who demanded her own set of Smurfette make up! Oh well... I suppose she is worth it and we all must make sacrifices. :)
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby Lia » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:41 am
That`s great news Alan! Congratulations for both of you! :D

Lia

Postby Cassiebsg » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:10 pm
Congratulations on the engament! :) :) :cheers: :-D

And also on the show, I'll be looking forward to seeing it soon, I hope. ;)
What's it called? Or is that also a state secret? :-?
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:41 pm
Congratulations on the tv pilot AND on the engagement :cheerz:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby schtroumpfette » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:06 pm
Congratulations Al. :D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:02 pm
:congrats: Alan

Sounds like you are having a wonderful year :cheers:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby stampysmurf » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:28 pm
Congratulations and Welcome Back!!! :)

Postby Tojo » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:14 pm
Yippee that's fantastic news Alan :-D :cheers:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby SmurfingH » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:22 pm
Congratulations Al and Laura! :cheers: :cheers:

Send me your pics and I'll upload them although I am out tomorrow. :D

Postby steveparkes » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:34 pm
Congratulations on the Engagement Alan...and what's that I see..a Darth Vader shirt? Good to see you've joined the empire :)
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Azrael » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:31 pm
Thanks everyone.

I think it's prob safe to tell you that, as you may have guessed, I play a record shop worker called Bert Short who is basically the worst employee in history.

I've seen a rough edit and was quite impressed. There will be a preview in London on the 9th Sept and then it's who buys it. At the moment, in looks like ITV but more news on that later...

As for the title, there are 2 possibilities and I won't jinx the one I want by announcing it now! HAHA!

Anyway... more importantly, thanks for the engagement congrats! Time to grow up I suppose! :)

Postby Azrael » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:33 pm
Oh, and yes it's the most awesome shirt in the world! HAHA!

Steve, we need our Ghostbusters hook up soon as well! I need to up my online stats very soon!! I've been offline for a while, but have you played Batman?

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:06 am
Congratulations on the tv series and your engagement, Al. :congrats: :D

Postby eggie smurf » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:42 am
Time to grow up I suppose! :)
It's never time to grow up....it's very overrated, Al :-D Have fun and stay young as long as you can!!

Postby PVCBlue » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:02 am
"Smurfs, Smurfs, and More Smurfs!"

Postby eggie smurf » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:35 am
That's Al :D

Postby steveparkes » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:57 am
Steve, we need our Ghostbusters hook up soon as well! I need to up my online stats very soon!! I've been offline for a while, but have you played Batman?
I know we do Al, I keep missing you..I don't know anyone else with it, so I've not played it multiplayer yet.

Not played Batman yet, all my mates at work have raved about it (and finished it) :)
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Azrael » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:17 am
Hey everyone thanks for all the congrats!

Yeah, that's me PVC blue.. quite an old showreel but still worth a laugh! HAHA! I know there are a few BILL fans that like it!

Batman is very good Steve, but its exaclty the same as the Wolverine game out last year. As in, IDENTICAL, so I found it a little bit of a let down.

Hil, I'll email you the pictures tomorrow when I'm home. I'm hoping to see you all at the fair this year.. who's going for sure?

My love and thoughts are with Michelle and Wim and I really can't wait to go this year to what is sure to be the greatest fair out there. I know there are a few people who have recently joined the forum... and at risk of sounding a bit of a dork that just pops in now and again... Blue Paradise is by FAR the best Smurf fair and Michelle and Wim are the loveliest of people. If ypu are able to go you should CERTAINLY come along!

One other thing... it's a little negative... but I don't think the poster for the movie actually looks that good. It's not really a main ONE SHEET yet I know, and seems to be more of a licensing promo, bit I really hope in the movie the Smurfs look better. It looks a little pre-rendered, if you get me?

Hope at least one person agrees.. for fear of being run out the village with pick-axes and torches!!
xxx :)

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:02 pm
:) :) :)

You are not the only one not liking the poster so far
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby eggie smurf » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:49 pm
and Michelle and Wim are the loveliest of people.
Don't forget Veronique and their mum too :D
Page 1 of 2

Login