Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:12 am
As most of you know (if not all of you) the latest trend in the US is to work from home...I am one of the lucky ones for whom this really works out..except for one thing

What to do when you are about to fall asleep at work?
When this happened back in the office, I would usually "ping" one of my neighbors and we would talk...but at home..I am in danger to just keel over and sleep on my keyboard.

Watching some sitcoms or Midsomer Murders episodes helps, but I think today I am fighting a losing battle :sleep: I've had my cup of coffee (you won't get me going without it) and am on my first Diet Coke right now..:coffee:

What do you do when Gargamel would have a better chance of catching and keeping a smurf than you staying awake?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter
Postby eggie smurf » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:05 am
What to do when you are about to fall asleep at work?
I vote for take a nap! :asleep: Who's gonna know?! 8-)
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Tojo » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:56 am
This is a problem we often have on the night shift. Around 4 in the morning the body tries to go into a deep sleep phase whether you like it or not :banghead:

I eat some chocolate which usually helps. I don't drink coffee though due to slightly raised blood pressure :hyper:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:27 am
I went shopping :cool: T-shirt shopping to be exact :-D

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Tojo » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:09 pm
That was a good idea Maureen :D Mind you it's not something I could try on the night shift unless I go internet shopping :) :)

Postby Pickle Smurf » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:32 pm
I really struggle with staying awake at work these days. I used to work from home all the time and was fine, but it's since I've been working in the office I struggle. I think it must be my age :) I did literally fall asleep over my desk a couple of months ago. Now when I feel the drowsiness coming over me I go to the bathroom and dip my head under cold water, it's the only thing that works! I think my colleagues think I discovered some strange new religion because I come back from the loo with soggy hair about 2pm every afternoon!

p.s. I bet Mogli is thinking, if I still had my claws I'd know how to keep you awake mum!! :cat1:

Postby stampysmurf » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:48 pm
Could you get out for a quick walk? Maybe that would perk you up? I used to love it when I worked at home....the only thing I didn't like is not seeing people. But some days I really miss being home and wish I still worked out of my house.

Postby Tojo » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:11 pm
I think my colleagues think I discovered some strange new religion because I come back from the loo with soggy hair about 2pm every afternoon!
That made me laugh Karen :) :) :)

Postby SMURFSTEROCKS » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:39 pm
As for me I work the morning shift - 8am to 4pm and luckily I'm not
really tied to the desk but when I'm really sleepy some days I just go
hide in a room and snooze off for a couple of hours.
(Website is only viewable on Internet Explorer)

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:08 pm
I usually go on a walk, Norma..sometimes four or five times a day :-D

After the shopping trip, I also worked some more outside with my folks...and as usual I woke up in the evening so I worked a few more hours after that :)

I think, that's what I love the most about working at home....my crazy work schedule, which is 12 hours one day and 7 hours another day (mostly 12 hours right now)....I do miss seeing my friends every day though...thank God for e-mail and IM...and weekends :-D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby bwalters » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:24 pm
Not that I have ever worked from home. My job entails driving from one job to the next. I am usually talking to a pretty secretary so that keeps me awake. Every now and then though I a stuck in a closet or copier room with no one to talk to in those times I have caught myself dozing for a second or two. I have been working on a copier for a week now MU opened today for classes and there is a ton of pretty girls on campus. Too many of them when they are changing classes very hard to drive as they just walk out in front of you without looking sometimes. Supprised I haven't hit one of them.
Mr Bill
Page 1 of 1

Login