Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby PVCBlue » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:53 pm
Has anyone updated to this version of IE yet? What do you think??
"Smurfs, Smurfs, and More Smurfs!"

Postby Pickle Smurf » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:29 am
I have but I immediately turned off all the bells and whistles so it was pointless really! lol

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:22 am
I am using it because Microsoft really doesn't give you a chance not to use, do they? I had those daily "required" security install reminders and finally grew tired of it and went with it.

I don't like it too much though as it takes IE down all the time because of some "insecurity" which is really really annoying
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby PVCBlue » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:46 am
I am using it because Microsoft really doesn't give you a chance not to use, do they? I had those daily "required" security install reminders and finally grew tired of it and went with it.

I don't like it too much though as it takes IE down all the time because of some "insecurity" which is really really annoying
That is what I heard on other sites as well... that's why I always choose the manual install otion so it lists what is going to be installed and you can then choose not to install something and to never be reminded to install it again. :-?

Postby Tojo » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:02 am
I've turned of the automatic update function too as I want to be in control of my pc without having Microsoft annoying me all the time :angry:

No, I don't have the latest version.

In fact I normally use Firefox except when I use the kids pc as Firefox isn't installed on there.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby PVCBlue » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:23 am
I've turned of the automatic update function too as I want to be in control of my pc without having Microsoft annoying me all the time :angry:

No, I don't have the latest version.

In fact I normally use Firefox except when I use the kids pc as Firefox isn't installed on there.
I actually use both browsers (IE7 and FF) depending on what I am doing, mostly at home I use IE, except when coding web pages (XHTML/CSS is driving me insane! LOL!!), then I use IE, FF, Opera, Safari, etc - so I can check that the code is cross browser compliant. Tho personally I prefer IE as fonts and such just look better and smoother than the other browsers.

:banghead:

Postby SmurfingH » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:23 am
I use Firefox for everything except web design as the software I use isn't compatible with Firefox. I use IE for web design. :D
Page 1 of 1

Login