Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby bwalters » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:50 pm
Hi All; Just an update with my new company. First off all the vacation I have left which is about 3 weeks will be paid by my old company. I will then get 7 1/2 days from the new company to use by the end of the year. I will then get 3 weeks per year of vacation plus a few days of personal time. To use to go to the doctor or what ever. If I get pregnant. Well I will retire at that point. :) :) So no need to expain that. Our pay will remain the same. :) We will now have a 401K with matching funds from the company. I can put 6% of my salary in it and they will match with 2%. Any vacation that I have left at the end of the year they will take that amount and put it in my 401K. In April I lost 112 hours because I didn't take it. Insurance went down quite a bit. One guy that had a wife and two kids and one on the way said his will drop from about $350 to $168 not bad. I may have to have a couple of kids. :) :) There is more but it is all good so far.
Mr Bill

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:15 pm
Sounds very good, Bill. I am glad it worked out that well for you :cheers:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bwalters » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:12 pm
Thanks Moey. I can't say for sure that everything will be alright. But I do have a few things going for me. One is my very good friend that this company has been consulting with. He knows them from being their service rep a few years ago. I have known him for many years. He even gave me his cocker spaniel when mine died and his snapped at his baby girl. I don't think the dog intended to I think the baby supprised it. I let him out with my other cocker one night and he took off. I Never saw him again. This I know about me. I can get along with anyone just about. Once I went to Dallas for a week and a half class I stayed the weekend in those 10 days the girls at the front counter called me in the back room as I was checking out. The were all crying and gave me hugs. And that was just knowing me for 10 days. Even at my age the girls still act like that. Some guys too. I have fun with life, but I know when to be serious too.
Mr Bill

Postby stampysmurf » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:37 pm
Glad things worked out for you!

Postby SMURFSTEROCKS » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:20 pm
Sounds like the new company might work out for you, bwalters.
Hope all goes super in the near future. Good Luck!
(Website is only viewable on Internet Explorer)

Postby bwalters » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:43 pm
Thanks Smurfsterocks, and Stampysmurf. So far nothing has really changed. Except we had a meeting 1/2 the day on monday. We had to fill out a ton of paperwork and watch a powerpoint presentation which wasn't too bad. We get 300 personal miles a pay period, so thats a plus for me. I live about 100 yards from the office. I can run to the store on weekends. Woo Hoo. Actually I can drive after the 300 miles I just have to pay 8.5 cent per mile. Can't get a taxi for that amount. Plus you have to wait on a taxi.
Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:52 pm
Tommorow we find out how much we get for out vacation. I did learn that I have accrued about a day and 3/4 every month since April which will also be paid to us. April is my anniversary month. Some people will have a lot more than they are thinking. Especally those whose anniversay day is August and on.
Mr Bill
Page 1 of 1

Login