Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 2
Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:55 am
Dear friends,

I'm on the edge of another breakdown. :( About two weeks ago, a close friend of Manni (namely the cousin of his wife) passed away. :( Since I wouldn't let Manni down, I went to his funeral last week. Once I had returned home, I learned that my mum's best friend has been diagnosed with colon cancer, after a very good friend of Manni and me had already been treated with the same diagnosis from December to February . :(

Eventually, my mum's best friend was sent home to spend her final days, yesterday. :( :( :( :(

I am going to see her in a few hours and I don't know how to cope with it. :( :( :( :(

Postby Tojo » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:36 am
I am so sorry to hear about your bad news Dominique. Things like this make me sad.

Bad news seems to be going around a lot at the moment. Our eldest son Daniel's best friend's dad had a heart attack on Saturday & had to be reanimated twice. They put him in a coma but it sounds like they'll be turning off the life support system today as he appears to be brain dead. Daniel was supposed to be going with the family to Spain on holiday this summer. Tim's dad is only about my age so it's particularly sad :(
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Lia » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:29 pm
Both stories are dramatic.
so sorry for both of you!!
Life is too cruel sometimes.

Lia

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:54 pm
I am so sorry to hear that, Dom :hug:

And it's also so sad about your friend, Tojo :hug:

My thoughts and prayers are with both of the families.
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby eggie smurf » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:28 pm
That's horrible news for both of you. It does seem to be "going around" right now doesn't it :???:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby SMURFSTEROCKS » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:17 am
Sorry to hear that as well.
My prayers are with both Families.
(Website is only viewable on Internet Explorer)

Postby steveparkes » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:00 am
:( both very sad stories, my thoughts and prayers go out to everyone :(
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:16 am
I am so sorry to hear about your bad news Dominique. Things like this make me sad.

Bad news seems to be going around a lot at the moment. Our eldest son Daniel's best friend's dad had a heart attack on Saturday & had to be reanimated twice. They put him in a coma but it sounds like they'll be turning off the life support system today as he appears to be brain dead. Daniel was supposed to be going with the family to Spain on holiday this summer. Tim's dad is only about my age so it's particularly sad :(
Oh no!!! :( :( :( :(
Life isn't fair. :( :( :(
Sending my heartfelt consolences to your family and friends. :( :( :(

Lots of :hug:s

Postby SmurfingH » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:36 pm
Thinking of you Dominique! :hug: :hug:

And for Daniel's friend Tim and his family. :hug:
Postby Schildkoete » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:44 pm
I'm soory to hear this Dominique!

a big :hug: :hug: :hug:
:turtle: Ingo :D

Postby Gerda » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:10 pm
they always say misery loves company but this is just cruel :( :( All the best to you :hug:
happily smurfing along

Postby FlamingO » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:10 am
These are very sad stories to read :(

:hug: Dominique,

My deepest sympathies Tojo, my thoughts are with Tim and his family

Postby Tojo » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:24 am
Thanks for everyone's thoughts :hug: Tim's dad died yesterday morning. He was no older than 45. I didn't know him all that well but I know Tim of course & his mum often picked up Tim from our house when Tim came to stay so I know her too. We haven't spoken to the family yet (Daniel & Tim have been in contact though) as we didn't want to bother them for a few days.

It's going to be difficult though & Daniel is the only real friend that Tim has so we're going to have to do our best to try to cheer him up.

Life is so unfair sometimes :( :(

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:32 am
Oh dying at such a tender age truly isn't fair. :( :( :( :(

Sending thousands of :hug:s over to you.

That reminds me of my late uncle Stefan, who used to be the second hubby of my mum's younger sister. :( :( :( :(

After serving for the Czech army for more than twenty years, he went on to become a coalminer for another five years, which ended when he was striked to death by a giant rock in October 1990 at the age of 46. :( :( :(

Postby Tojo » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:27 am
That is another tragic story Dominique :(

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:19 am
Hi guys,

although the pains have been increasing through the last days, my mum's best friend was told that it was far too risky for an operation yesterday. :( :( :( :( :( :(

Postby Gerda » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:26 am
That is so sad, there is always hope the doctors are wrong. Ihope they give her good pain meds because no one needs to suffer. :( :(
happily smurfing along

Postby SmurfingH » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:30 am
I totally agree. :(
Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:13 am
Since the pains have grown by the day, my mum's best friend will be visited by a doctor from the hospice everyday. :( :( :( :(
Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:21 am
Dear all,

just when I arrived home from campus on Tuesday eve, my mum was telling me that her friend Hannelore had passed away at 10 am that day. :( :sad: :...( Since I have to hand in two papers by tomorrow, I won't make it to her funeral, but I am going to visit her grave on Saturday.

R.I.P. Hannelore, wherever you are. :rip: :rose:
Page 1 of 2

Login