Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Gerda » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:02 pm
I was wondering what the longest anyone had to wait for a package to arrive from outside the country. I had a package mailed on the 13th of Jan standard mail from england and it still has not arrived, a claim has been filed as i'm sure it is lost :???:

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:22 pm
I think the longest I had to wait was two to three months.

I received one yesterday that was shipped off on 01/09 from Germany so yours may not be lost yet :D

One time I had to wait about two months for a package from Spain and it turned out to be held up at customs. Luckily, the seller had shipped it off registered so we were able to track it.
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Gerda » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:11 pm
I hope it pops up as it was something I was really looking forward too, there is no way to track it as we tried.

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby SmurfingH » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:05 pm
That's a real shame Gerda. :(

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:20 pm
Since it was standard shipping I think it will show up..It really can take 2 months that way, especially from England.

For some reason it seems to me that packages from England and Germany take the longest but on the other hand nothing gets faster to me than smurfs shipped in an envelope from England or Germany (sometimes even faster than if they are shipped within the US)

The oddest thing happened to me last week. A German seller shipped two packages to me a month apart...and both arrived on the same day. Both were fairly large, and I even talked with my mail carrier about it but we both had no idea why both arrived at the same time when they were shipped off a month apart from each other :-?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Gerda » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:22 pm
That is odd Maureen. Sometimes I wish a package can talk, the storys they could tell :)

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby bwalters » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:55 pm
I got a package just last week from Germany it only took about 5 days. There was a story on the news here. About A man that mailed a letter in 1943 to his wife. He was killed shortly after writing it, and she got the letter last year.
P.S. I think that the letter had falled behind a cabinet and they were remodeling the post office.
Mr Bill

Postby cal78 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:21 pm
26 Years, it wasn't a package but a letter with a check, In 1997, i was a senior in high school and we were Given all the Old Post Office Boxes in our town , to Turn Into Piggy banks, and when we took them Apart, We found A Envelope That had somehow fallen in Between them, it was Addressed to a Doctor in the Small town that had Died about Three years Before, The check was not good anymore, but the doctors wife was Happy get The Letter, Delayed as it was.

Postby Gerda » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:00 am
you know at the time those wives where thinking " I wish he would write more" :)

I know there is a thing out there for lost packages, how I would love to go into that room one time and see what actually happens.

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby SMURFSTEROCKS » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:17 pm
I rarely get anything from outside of the U.S. but when I usually do,
takes about a good 2- 3 weeks. Also depends where it's coming from,
sometimes just about a week.
(Website is only viewable on Internet Explorer)

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:53 am
I got one ten months after it was purchased from MV. I had complained after two months and had got a replacement, then out of the blue ten months later it just turned up... a couple of hundred dollars worth of smurfs!

I have had chess sets take 3-4 months but they are often due to lying ebay sellers who charge for airmail at $160 or so and then send by boat. Not that I hold a grudge... then there was the smurf coin but I won't go there... I did get that in the end BTW!!!

The worst national package was 6 weeks just recently. The person said it was their lifestyle choice not to be a slave to the auction sites but they checked their mail every 2 weeks. .... incredible seller...

Postby SmurfingH » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:26 am
That last one - I hope you gave them negative feedback Daryl! I go out of my way to send something off quickly. Incredible that somebody should have that attitude! :eek:

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:27 pm
That last one - I hope you gave them negative feedback Daryl! I go out of my way to send something off quickly. Incredible that somebody should have that attitude! :eek:
For the ebay one it was too late the auctions close off feedback after 3 months and when you wait two months and they say they are re-sending it then you have to wait another two before you can do anything.

The local one they were up front about it and their attitude was out there for all to see. They had lots of neg feedback and on our local auction site they can still return neg feedback, so they got a positive with a non-commital "thanks for that" message.
Page 1 of 1

Login