Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:51 pm
Does anybody know how long it takes Paypal to credit funds back?

I bought some smurfs from a German seller and paid him via paypal with funds coming directly from my bank account. Two days later I received an e-mail from the seller telling me that although he sees that I paid he is not receiving the funds in his account. I checked into it and saw that Paypal had the transaction as pending and unclaimed by the seller, which I told the seller.

The seller contacted Paypal and was told that the best way to handle this is to send me a new invoice and for me to cancel the first transaction which I did. I expected that the money would show up in my account right away but it has been put on hold because Paypal wants it cleared from my bank first. I do have the money in my bank account...plus since the transaction is cancelled it's like it has never happened so I don't understand the hold on it. I can pay other transactions with no problem, so I am not sure what is going on and was wondering if anybody else had any similar problems before.

I had received and initiated refunds before with no problem but never cancelled a transaction.

I did tell the seller I would pay him once I have the funds back in my account and thankfully, so far, he has been patient...I guess he knows that I am more than willing to pay since I already did.
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby SmurfingH » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:33 pm
I haven't come across that problem before, Moey. I always pay by card via Paypal so I don't know if that makes a difference. :-? Hope you get it sorted soon. :hug:

Postby Lia » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:16 pm
Can`t you phone them Maureen?
I once did when I had a problem and they solved it within 24 hours.

Lia

Postby bwalters » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:05 pm
I think paypal likes to keep our money for a few days to make intrest off of it. I don't know why else they would hold your money. Once money is sent from your account it is where ever you sent it not in your account anymore. Now they call it an E-check maybe they use that wording so they can hold it for a week. A bank tranfer is instantainous. The money has already changed hands. Ever notice that when you go to an ATM you don't have to wait a week for your money.
Mr Bill

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:32 am
PayPal will always hold it for 3-4 days...
the money from the bank account has to arrive first on PayPal itself.

Postby André » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:25 am
I have a account with a card which I only use for internetshopping. I have no money on this account and only transfer money to this account when I have bought something. And because the paypal-account is linked to the card it seems the seller gets his money right away.

In our bank in Sweden I can close or open all my cards for internetshopping from home. I only open these for internetshopping when I buy something and the rest of the time they are closed and can´t be used on internet.

I had trouble with a payment through paypal once, it was only a small amount, but then I had to "verify" my bankcard at the paypalsite. If I remember it correct. :-? And since then I have had no trouble at all.

/André

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:56 am
Thanks everybody.

I have a card lined up with Paypal as well, but don't always use that option, maybe I should.

I have never used the e-check option because the seller won't get the money right away, that's why I thought if I use the bank account it's an instant transfer, since the seller gets the money right away :-?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter
Page 1 of 1

Login