Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Pitufo » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:00 pm
I am going to tell you a story happened last friday...

You all know how the security at airports has increased after 11th of september...

I took a plane last friday to go from Sevilla to Valencia...When I passed the control, and after leaving all my things (watch, coins, cellular, bracelets etc) inside a tray, I passed the scanner, ant put my hand-luggage on the moving belt, the security agent/policeman told me to open the bag because I had an odd object inside...

No problem!!!!I have nothing to hide...They poked inside my bag...clothes, shoes, inside my book, the toilet-case etc etc, and they didn´t find anything...They told me: you can go on, sir...Nothing odd in your luggage....

When I arrive to my hotel, I catched clothes I needed after the trip, and opened a pocket my bag has...Do you know what I discovered????I had a punch and a screwdriver...Don´t ask me how on earth, these object were there...I really can´t remember if I have carried this objects before in a train or car travel, or if someone at home has used my bag....

It has no sense all the securities if they are not able to detect a punch in a bag!!!!!What would happen if they discover those two objects in my bag????I PROMISE I AM INNOCENT
JOAQUÍN

Postby bwalters » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:44 pm
I believe you Joaquin but they wouldn't have. I am getting ready to go to school in a couple of weeks. We used to have to bring our tools but since 9/11 all the schools have supplied them. Which is good I alway just carried a few with me anyway. What gets me I go to the court house or any Govt. building they have security also. I have a little pouch that I wear on my hip it has a Screwdriver, Flashlight, a pair of hemostats and a telosopic magnet. It used to have a letherman in it but I left it somewhere. If I wear it they hold it until I come back but if I take it off and put it in my tool kit it passes every time. I also carry a very small pocket knife about a 1 1/2 inch blade same with it. Almost everything I carry can hurt someone if you wanted to try. But they let it go as long as it is not on my body. Crazy stuff
Mr Bill

Postby Tojo » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:13 pm
These are the sort of things that puzzle me.

Also, you can't take a nail-file on an airplane but the plastic knives & forks on the plane are really sharp especially if you break them!!! They could be really dangerous weapons! The only solution may be to serve the in-flight meals on banana leaves & get the passengers to eat with their fingers :o
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby bwalters » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:17 pm
:lol3: :lol3: :haha: :lol3: :lol3:
Mr Bill

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:28 pm
What really shocked me was that one time they didn't find the nail clipper in my bag? It was in Stuttgart where the security is overly secure ...I got thru with no problem but imagine my surprise when I found a nailclipper in my purse just before I went on the flight. The same secrurity that made me take off my shoes did not see that in my purse :o

What I really can't understand though is why you have to go thru security (including baggage check and taking off your shoes) when you arrive in Atlanta. I always want to tell them that we just came off a plane so we all have been checked, so why do it again? If we didn't set off a bomb on the plane, why would we do it now..after a 12 hour horrendous flight, delays at the baggage claim, being asked the most obnoxious questions by immigration, and and and....

I honestly think that whole security thing is nonsense that only serves one reason. To give us a sense of security...and frankly...it does...at least to me (unless I am on my way home after being up for 24 hours...then I couldn't care less about security :o )
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bwalters » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:39 pm
I left Germany 33 years ago the securtiy was pretty tight then but it was a military airport. I could have gotten on that plane with anything. The guy took one look at me and said I bet you listen to country music. I said yes sir. He didn't even look in my bags. He did ask me what was in the box. I told him liquor. I didn't drink hardly at all. I had only drank twice at that time. I didn't even get a sip on anything I brought back. Anyway 16 days after I left someone put something in one of the lockers (I didn't want to say the word) I had a friend that was leaving about two weeks after me. I never heard anything even though I wrote a couple of guys about it.
P.S. My whole point these guys are trained to spot bad people and the good one's too. Thats a hint Moey.
Mr Bill

Postby CapriSmurf » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:31 pm
:angry: What a hoo Haa .. At Birmingham UK airport last year going to Venice, anything and everything is in the bags going into the hold, luverly Jubbly just a case of going through final controls. Take your shoes off .. no probs. Take your belt off .. no probs because I can hold onto my trousers with one hand.. Take your Jacket off .. Hmm .. take my jacket off and my trousers are now round my knees.. Nice Harrington Jacket says the security bloke, where did you get it from? ... I just love going on holiday!
Page 1 of 1

Login