Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Lia » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:32 am
Ik wens iedereen een hele fijne sinterklaas avond, vol cadeautjes, chocoladeletters, marsepein, pepernoten , surprises, gedichten, maar vooral gezelligheid!
Ik ben er klaar voor!:-)))
( and thanks Dom! I`m prepared for it)

Lia

Postby Picaja » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:40 am
Ja Lia, ik zie dat je er klaar voor bent!
Wow ... is er ook eentje voor mij bij :-)

... Morgen is't zover en hopelijk brengt hij veel :) :) :)

groetjes
and have a lot of fun :D
:hiya: We Love Smurfs :-D

:naughtysmurf: Nance

Postby hfos » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:48 pm
Ik zit op pakjesavond op internet, zegt genoeg denk ik... :)

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:37 am
Alsjeblieft Lia. :D

I hope everyone of you had a lovely Sinterklaas with your family and that you got bunches of gifts. :D

Postby Pitufo » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:53 am
It would be great if sopmeone explain what Sinterklaas is

JOAQUÍN

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:06 am
@Joaquin:

Sinterklaas is the Dutch/Flemish equivalent of the Nikolaus (St. Niklas of Myra/St. Niklaas). He was a bishop in Myra, which is located in Turkey. He helped many children and hence was given a special holiday. In the Netherlands and in Belgium, many people would not celebrate Christmas on December 24th/December 25th or on Three Kings Day (January 6th) but Sinterklaas and exchange gifts on that date only. As Nikolaus, who is followed by Knecht Ruprecht or Krampus, Sinterklaas has a little helper as well. It's an African boy called "Zwarte Piet" (which means "Black Peter" in English).

Postby Pitufo » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:16 am
I am a bit curious, and I have been looking info on internet...Is it true that some people says that Sinterklaas is from Spain???? :-? :-? :-?
JOAQUÍN

Postby Lia » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:51 am
not some people :) In all our songs and stories, it`s always about Spain and that he arrives by steamboat from Spain! TRUE!:-))
But Dom is right, officially he was the bisshop of Myra

well, it`s a long and big tradition here, (more then christmas)

http://www.dutchmarket.com/sklaas.html

Lia

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:31 pm
That's one thing I like so much about this forum...reading about the different culteres in each country.

Before coming on here I had no idea how big Sinterklaas is in Holland. I know St. Nikolaus day of course and as a kid I loved it but didn't know it is a bigger day than Christmas in some countries :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter
Page 1 of 1

Login