Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:43 am
Sorry,

if I might abuse this board, but I'm very happy that
O bama won the Presidential Elections. :joy: :yay: :woohoo: :clap: :joy: :D

Postby SmurfingH » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:03 am
Oh did he? I had a smurfy delivery this morning and completely forgot about the US election! :) :) :-D

Postby bwalters » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:57 am
No it is not abusing this board. I believe that is what this section is for. Talking about any and everyting you want. We had an election in the US? I hadn't noticed we were going to have one. LOL I for one am glad it's over. Everyother commerical is a political one. You see tons of signs in peoples yards everywhere. We can get back to who got robbed or shot or killed again. Speaking of that we had a murder just about 5 blocks from my house yesterday. Broad daylight in front of hundred of people. Oh corse no one saw anything. Bill

Postby eggie smurf » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:49 am
I for one am glad it's over. Every other commerical is a political one.
I agree...I can't stand commercials normally but the political ones, I just want to :flame:

One (and the only imho) good thing....America's tax laws will change so drastically in the next 4 years that I hope everyone will need a CPA to get their taxes done :woohoo: But I'm sure I and tax accountants are the only ones looking forward to this change :) :) :)
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby SmurfingH » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:37 am
:haha:

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:36 pm
Was there any reason the American ellection was held so close to halloeen? Like the wicked witch of the west is gone... I always wondered what the 'W' in 'George W Bush' stood for!

Below: The outgoing president and his secret service crew.
8) 8) :bow: 8) 8) 8) :stupid:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:02 pm
I for one am glad it's over. Every other commerical is a political one.
I agree...I can't stand commercials normally but the political ones, I just want to :flame:

One (and the only imho) good thing....America's tax laws will change so drastically in the next 4 years that I hope everyone will need a CPA to get their taxes done :woohoo: But I'm sure I and tax accountants are the only ones looking forward to this change :) :) :)
:) :) :)
I probably will need to change my profession so it's good to know what my options are for future job prospects. We received a "frantic" e-mail today from our CEO who said that the health insurance will change dramatically but also "assured" us that our company will stay on top of it :) :) :) :)

I wanted to :flame: the constant messages on my voice mail about how I needed to go out and vote, when I had already done so 2-3 weeks ago :banghead:

Bill, it seems that my area is not half as scary as Missouri no matter what "Deliverance" shows :shock: :shock: When we have murders in broad daylight, we all know who did it...and who the victim was..and usually we are all related so we kinda keep it among ourselves..of course the sheriff is usually related to both parties as well, ...what can I say...In Tennessee, we like to keep it "in the family" :-?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Azrael » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:03 am
You should come and live in our village! Apparently, the other week, somebody didn't pay for a Mars bar in the local shop. Apparently they had 'forgot' and accidentally carried it out with a copy of "Horse and Hound".

Luckily, after a strong talking to, the accused paid the forty pence and left. What is this world coming to! :shock: :shock:
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby agent smurf » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:51 pm
He's not our president anyway, but Alan is. :D

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:46 pm
We have our elections tomorrow.. we then find out who is going to be the new dictator for the next three years.

Power to the people.. (cough)(cough)... which reminds me the same people who control electral reform are the ones in power, and what century were our forms of government designed exactly?

:sleep: :yawning:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:03 pm
Good one, Daryl :) :) :)

Over here it's usually the courts who have the real power as they can overrule the people's will :-?

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Chris McBrien » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:25 pm
I voted for Papa Smurf, but he never showed up to any of the debates. Now that "Gargamel" (W.) is headed out of office, I think it's high-time for merriment! :cheers:

I like Obama and think he will do well, although I initially REALLY wanted Hillary Clinton to win. Maybe next time! :-D
"To Smurf or not to Smurf...I didn't know there was any question!"

Brainy Smurf

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:10 pm
I always wondered what the 'W' in 'George W Bush' stood for!
Um....I have a few ideas :hmmm:

I still regret not getting a photo with Obama when I saw him in Battery Park, New York last year.....he was an absolute nobody back then and wouldn't of refused a pic with anybody...even me. I guess there won't be too many opportunities to get that close to him again.....mind you, if I ever do meet him again, I may have to tell him off for all of the commercial abuse he made me watch every 5.3 seconds on tv during his campaign.

Obamas in pyjamas are coming down the stairs
Obamas in pyjamas with commercials everywhere

ok...i'm done again

Dyar

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:14 pm
mind you, if I ever do meet him again, I may have to tell him off for all of the commercial abuse he made me watch every 5.3 seconds on tv during his campaign.
AMEN to that 8)

Hidden in the Woods

Postby CapriSmurf » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:15 pm
:-? Didn't pay that much attention to the American elections as we have enough problems here in the UK .. apparently my house is now worth £100k less than a few months ago, if I go on Holismurfs to Spain my pound is only worth half of what it was a few months ago and by the looks of it we will all be out of a job very soon. On the American front .. last I saw it was a coloured guy against a woman . either way so far as I could see both a good call. Hopefully when this new guy gets in he will be able to somewhat help sorting problems in Gaza, Afghanistan, Iraq, Africa, racism, sexism, global warming, terrorism, etc. etc. ... All too serious, I'll stick with the Blue party ..
Have a Smurfing New Year ..

Postby misszell » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:22 am
i honestly think that ALL of the American political commercials were out of control!........i honestly think that McCains were worse....not because he didn't win......but because he just tried too hard....and all his commercials seems fake beyond belief (some of Obama's did too).......for ALL of us Americans (and all of you who will feel the repercussions of our election) i wish you all peace......and a better economy!!!..amen

Postby bwalters » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:28 am
Sorry I didn't realize that was a Prayer until it was over.

Seriously I have just re-discovered two Nephews that I haven't seen or heard from in 12 years. One is from Utah. The other is from WI Eau Clair I think how close is that to you? Or Gerta?
Mr Bill

Postby misszell » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:14 pm
haaa it wasn't a prayer....who knows why i threw that in at the end :-? .... and i have no clue how far that is from me to be honest w/ you.....
Page 1 of 1

Login