Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:32 am
Has anybody ever had a day that would have made Clumsy smurf look like a ballerina?

I had a real early start with my office project and was doing good, when I decided to take on the shelf on top of my desk. There was a loose board on it, which I didn't take down, as I thought the shelf was feather light. Well, it wasn't and yes, the loose board fell down..right smack on my foot. I didn't feel the pain until I put the shelf in the other room...by which time a nice bruise had formed on top of it. This bruise turned into a nice swelling by now...

Since I moved my computer and also wanted to organize all the cables, I unhooked everything (including the modem)..and yes..I was able to hook everything back up and it worked fine everything except for my cable and internet that is. It took me and the phone company over 2 hours to figure out that I had put two cable into the wrong places. :o

By that time, I had such a high blood pressure that it gave me a nice migraine, so since I hadn't eaten yet (I forget breakfast when I am home) and wasn't able to take some Execdrin yet, I put some Japanese Peppermint oil above my eye...and yup..the oil went right smack into one eye. After what felt like hours of complete blindness, I fixed my lunch since I was only partially blind now. Thankfully, having had my lunch and dose of Execrin, I can see again..and my foot doesn't really hurt, except when I forget about it and touch it :banghead:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby SmurfingH » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:54 am
Yup! That sounds like the kind of day I often have! The kind where you wish you'd listen to your gut and stayed in bed! :lol: :lol: At least you got it all sorted Moey. Hope you're feeling better soon and the swelling goes down. :hug: Have you put any arnica on it? Or take some arnica tablets if you can't bear to rub the cream on the bruise. :D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:15 pm
No, I didn't put anything on it..and it is actually not that bad, which might have to do that I have a high pain tolerance :D

It was a pretty successful day actually, as I accomplished what I set out to do...and more, it seems :) :) :)

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby SmurfingH » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:23 pm
Well that's the main thing. :D

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:33 pm
Most mornings I make Clumsy look like a pro figure skater.....it's normal for me to walk into walls....doors and even imaginary items until I wake up enough to actually open at least one eye......if it's not bruised or anything from the collisions. I would like mornings a lot more if they started in the afternoons.

Dyar

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:10 pm
Just stay on Aussie time when you happen to be in the US, and your mornings will start in the afternoons :-D

I am sure your boss will understand :cheers:

Hidden in the Woods

Postby eggie smurf » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:56 pm
Or take some arnica tablets
Those are like little homeopathic miracles. A few years ago, I broke my pinky toe the day before a marathon and popped quite a few of those (I had never heard of them but my roommate told me they would help) and while it still hurt, I was able to walk the 26.2 miles and not have a huge swollen bruised toe :-D

Hope you had a better morning today, Mo :D (I had one of those mornings when I broke the toe - I had to get up for a 5am flight and was still half asleep when I walked into the doorjam!)
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:50 am
Yes, I did...thanks, Stace :D

Actually, my foot was much better the next day, it still has a bruise, but isn't painful anymore :-D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Chris McBrien » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:28 pm
People pay me to be Clumsy!
Anyway, I hope your day got better!
:cheers:
"To Smurf or not to Smurf...I didn't know there was any question!"

Brainy Smurf

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:53 pm
yeah, it did...I didn't do anything for the rest of the day...so no more accidents :) :) :) :)

Hidden in the Woods

Page 1 of 1

Login