Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby SmurfingH » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:54 am
Mum and I have been making dog beds and I've even used a sewing machine! :shock: Bear in mind that I haven't used one since school and hated sewing then. We've made 100s! Ok, maybe not quite that many, but we've certainly made a few (10):

Pile of beds:

The 2 pink things on top are lightweight summer raincoats for the girls (Niamh & Daisy) which I made all by myself! :-D They're my first proper attempt at making dog coats but I really enjoyed it. I'm going to make them winter coats now as they both need them. Whippets & greyhounds need coats in the colder weather because they don't have any body fat to keep them warm.

Coats (lined in cotton):

I tried to get the girls to model them but they weren't really in the mood!

Finally!

It's a good job smurfs don't need coats too! :) :)

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:39 pm
They look good in pink, Hilary :) :) :)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby SmurfingH » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:14 pm
It's not a subtle colour, is it? :) :)

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:59 pm
Well, they wear it with more style than a certain dog of mine wore some sort of clothing for the first and only time about 11 years ago.

It was the first year that I had Petee and Shyone and I put blankets into their dog houses in the fall to keep them warm.
Shyone got the blanket out in a jiffy and tried to eat it (she would eat anything and take a regular bite out of Peppy)

Petee, however, realized that the reason for the blanket was to keep him warm, so he decided to climb into it and to wear it. That day, when I came home, I found him like this...a bit unhappy, as he was pretty much in his own little blanket prison...so I freed him, after taking the picture of course.

The pictures were taken 11 years ago....Petee is now a regular graybeard who gives me gray hair with his little shenanigans to get out of the kennel...and Shyone is no longer with me after she had a very unfortunate meeting with a car on the highway :(

Since this thread is for Dyar (or so I think)...well, no thread for Dyar would be complete without a picture of his favorite cat for catserole, Mogli :D

Mogli was at it again, earlier this week, when I took pictures of my bicycle smurfs, he jumped up...and right into the picture...

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby smurfieduck » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:31 am
Lovely pics!!! They are all soooo cute!!! :-D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby SmurfingH » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:47 am
Aw! So sad to hear about Shyone. :( Petee was a gorgeous babe and still is in my opinion. :smitten: :smitten:

Mogli is a stunner too. My money is still on the cat! 8-) 8-)

Postby Dreaming In Blue » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:37 pm
Nice job on the dog coats. They look adorable! :)
~~Christine~~

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:04 am
:relieved: I thought I may of been in trouble again when I read the subject of this thread 8)

Nice job on the coats & beds Hilary....your dogs are adoreable. Are you planning on selling these publicly or are they just for your dogs only?

I am going to dig out an old favourite music video of mine that I think you may like....Tojo probably already knows this one, but I am guessing you have never seen it Hilary....actually if you keep a look out in this clip....you will notice that Tojo makes a special appearance for a few seconds :) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMzI5jAttKw

Dyar

Postby SmurfingH » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:16 am
Thanks for the link Dyar. Great video! :-D I'm not going into production on these coats. To be honest, the finish isn't good enough, but they'll do for my girlies. :)

You - in trouble? Again? :eek:

:) :) :) :)

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:49 pm
No......but give it a couple of days :-?

Dyar :sofa:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:06 pm
No......but give it a couple of days :-?

Dyar :sofa:
Days????? You are slacking, Dyar :shock:

Hidden in the Woods

Postby SmurfingH » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:40 pm
I thought it was quiet. :)
Page 1 of 1

Login