Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 2
Postby Guest » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:30 am
So Rae does'nt feel left out, here is the official Aussie Rules thread ! It is open to anything for debate but no Adelaide Crows bashing is allowed apparently ! :-? :) :)

:-D :beer:

Postby SA Smurfette » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:47 am
Thanks Gray :-D

Somehow I think it's going to be a very quiet thread :)

Seeming Aussie Rules is only big in Australia and not overseas :D

We don't get soccer on TV here so I don't really know the rules etc :-D
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:17 am
Well...........if you want me to explain.....its simple.....

A ball should be round, as in perfect circle........ :o

If a ball was meant to be carried, it would have a handle on it....

Once you get those things right in your head, Football is so much easier to understand :nahnah: .......... :bolt:

Ok, i'm going..... :wave2:

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:50 am
If a ball was meant to be carried, it would have a handle on it....
What about the goalie Mr B?

Does he come equipped with his own special handles?.....possibly love handles since he doesn't have to run around as much and the wider he is, the better I guess. I was gonna say, "real men handle their balls".....but that doesn't sound right does it?

I played Aussie Rules for school but I couldn't tell you what all of the rules are......I kept getting in trouble for striking so I probably needed to learn a few more rules.....however in my defence.....I never started it because I was such a good angel.

Other than that....I think they kick the ball around a lot and try to catch it and then try to kick it between the goal posts to score.....then go on a drinking and drug binge before breaking down in tears on a national televised interview and......um, Rae....help me out....I'm lost.

Dyar

Postby SmurfingH » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:55 am
I was forced to watch Aussie Rules when I was in Oz. It was marginally more interesting than American football but only cos the shorts were tighter. :dream:

I do like sport just not any football type games. I could watch athletics for hours! :D And it's Wimbledon soon. :-D

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:03 am
What do Soccer/Football, American Football & Australian Rules all have in common?

THEY ARE ALL BORING TO WATCH :) :)

Dyar

PS - I'm gonna get hurt for that one, but I find them all incredibly painful to watch.....right up there with golf, Barney & Dr Who......I guess I have no friends now do I? :o

Postby SmurfingH » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:29 am
Not for the Dr Who comment you don't! How could you!???!!! :( :( :o :(

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:02 pm
Or Barney :o :) :)

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:32 pm
What about cricket? :o :o

Replace cricket for soccer and I totally agree with you and won't hurt you one bit
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby eggie smurf » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:45 pm
W......I guess I have no friends now do I? :o
Well I would still be your friend if you hadn't posted that half photo of me because I agree they are all boring too -- up there with watching grass grow and paint dry :coffee:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby bundleofkent » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:49 am
Andrew Andrew.....

Never ever call it soccer on this forum again mate.

Don't Americanise the world's greatest sport!!!

I enjoy RL a great deal- St Helens are my team because I looked after a lot of them in the early (90's). As a spectacle however it doesn't match up. The one downside to the game of football is the players themselves ( with the obvious exception being LFC). I can't stand them.

Isn't the best thing about an AFL game is when a team scores and the umpire/ref behind the goal puts out both his arms forward simultaneously, while at the same time the crowd shout " How bigs your dick?" :)

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:41 pm
We call it soccer down here as to not get confused with exciting sports like football. Soccer is one of the most boring spectacles to watch and is very limited in what can happen in my opinion......it's a wussy game.

Dyar

Postby FlamingO » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:58 pm
:dogrun: Football is great :cheer: :sheep:
I haven't been to a dull game I remember yet :cheers: And you always feel such passion and intensity from the rival supporters :smitten: but you learn not to go into that pub next time round :-?

Postby Dutchiesmurf » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:42 pm
We call it soccer down here as to not get confused with exciting sports like football. Soccer is one of the most boring spectacles to watch and is very limited in what can happen in my opinion......it's a wussy game.
You can call it whatever you want down there... it still is football... and it should be considering we actually use our FEET to play the game.

And wussy sport?... the injuries and fouls are way worse than that "sport" called rugby/football where a bunch of sweaty fat men push against eachother.

[disclaimer: This post was exaggerated for humorous reasons ;) ]

Postby bradley » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:23 am
The Adelaide Crows are doing really well sofar this year.
Hope they continue to win games and make the grand final.

Brad.

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:00 pm
[disclaimer: This post was exaggerated for humorous reasons ;) ]
:) :) :) I loved it Tijn.....great come back :) :) :)

Dyar :-?

Postby SA Smurfette » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:45 pm
The Adelaide Crows are doing really well so far this year.
Hope they continue to win games and make the grand final.

Brad.
:-D I love you Brad :hug: GO CROWS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

I was forced to watch Aussie Rules when I was in Oz. It was marginally more interesting than American football but only cos the shorts were tighter
:lol3: Hilary :)

Check out my smurfy site

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:03 am
American Football is the worse......it's one of the few sports that I haven't played annd I really have no interest in playing it either. Most sports to me are more fun to play than watch...but American Football is neither. I find it too stop/start and too technical rather than free flowing and spontaneous. I did play football in America last year for Philadelphia but that was rugby league.....not to be confused with rugby union. Most people overseas would think rugby union when they hear of rugby....the football I like is quite different to rugby. I just thought I should point that out as I am not a fan of rugby.

Dyar

Postby SA Smurfette » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:49 pm
I don't like American football, I can't believe how many clothes , padding etc. that they wear. They're a big bunch of girls :)

Rugby League is for real men LOL No padding, just taking the hard hits :wall:

AFL has been cleaned up a lot over the last couple of years, there isn't a lot you can do without being reported for rough play :???:

Check out my smurfy site

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:29 am
AFL has been cleaned up a lot over the last couple of years, there isn't a lot you can do without being reported for rough play :???:
The same for rugby league Rae :???: ......I guess they are trying to convince parents that their sons (& daughters) should play AFL or NRL otherwise they opt for softer sports like soccer/football or lawn bowls or something. It's not always a bad thing that they have cleaned it up but at times they do go too far and hand out suspensions for the slightest thing. I think a bit of tension in games adds even more to the games.

Good luck to the Crows.....the Dragons over here have gone from 2nd last up to 6th in about 5 weeks......I thought they were dead this year but not so as they keep winning after losing the first 5 games of the season....I hope the Crows have a good season over there in Saussieland too :D

Dyar :cheers:
Page 1 of 2

Login