Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon May 19, 2008 3:28 am
Hi guys,

you can't imagine, how much I missed you. :grouphug:

To be honest, it is so great to get back to you again and to be astonished by two awesome smurfy websites!!! :D Congrats Hilary and Christy!!! :cheerz: :-D :D

Day 1 (Thursday):

I got up at 5.45 am. At 6.30 am, my dad picked me up and brought me to central station Bochum, so I would met up with my colleagues. The train to Krefeld left at 7.17 am. After changing the train at Krefeld central station, we arrived at Kleve about 9.30 am. At Kleve station we were given a coach ride for another fifteen minutes until we had arrived at Wasserburg, there we were supposed to be given three lectures and where we also would be staying for the night. After we had left our lugguage, the lectures began. We had three lectures and a ten mins coffee break between the first and the second lecture. Finally, the lectures ended at 1 pm sharp and it was time to enjoy lunch and to move into our rooms.

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon May 19, 2008 3:35 am
Day 1 (continue): At 3 pm, we left Wasserburg Rindern and walked on foot to the very famous "Fontana Miranda", where we were given another lecture. Afterwards we were given another coach trip to see the tomb of Johann Moritz of Siegen and Nassau, where we had another lecture. Later on, we went to the city of Kleve in order to listen to another short lecture about its famous Schwanenburg (Swan Castle), before we had twenty minutes off. Finally we walked back on foot again to Wasserburg Rindern, where we arrived at 6.20 pm and enjoyed dinner. Afterwards we finally had free time and I hanged out with my colleagues and since we had a free internet access, I got back to you. At 11 pm, it was about time to go to bed. :sleep:

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon May 19, 2008 8:35 am
Day 2 (Friday): Got up at 6.55 am. After breakfast, we left Wasserburg Rindern and went to Xanten by coach at 9 am, where we were given a tour through St. Victor's cathedral and the famous monastery library nearby the cathedral.

After finishing both of the tours at 12.15 pm, we had a lunch break until 1.45 pm. We met again and went on foot to the Archaeological park, where we were given another two-hours tour through the park and the Thermal springs.

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon May 19, 2008 8:53 am
Day 2 (continue):

After having a discussion, we wanted to leave at 6pm, however since the train had been cancelled, we were forced to stay one more hour at the tiny station. Nevertheless, we arrived at Duisburg central station at 7.40 pm, where we parted ways. I went on to Wanne-Eickel, where I had to change trains again, until I got home at 9pm. Only for the time being at Kleve and Xanten, I wasn't able to visit any decent shop and look out for smurfs. :(

Here are some pics of the archaeologic park Xanten founded on the former Roman colony Colonia Ulpia Trajana (CUT). Notice that most of the ruins are under the ground floor, whereas the temple and the stadium have been reconstructed.

Postby SmurfingH » Mon May 19, 2008 11:53 am
Sounds like a great but exhausting trip Dom! :-D :) It's great to have you back :hug: and I'm glad you like my smurfy site! :-D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon May 19, 2008 6:54 pm
Thanks for the report and the pictures, Dom :D

I am glad you are back :hug:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby FlamingO » Tue May 20, 2008 11:14 pm
Great report Dominique :-D :cheerz: Sounds like a very interesting trip and the Archaeological Park looks worth a visit :D Great to see you back :cheers:

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed May 21, 2008 8:36 am
Wow....it seems everyone is going everywhere these days.

Great report Dominique and thanks for sharing the pictures with us. Sounds like a very interesting place to visit with a lot of history.

Dyar :cheers:

Postby SmurfingH » Wed May 21, 2008 10:01 am
I'm not going anywhere unless you count Great Yarmouth. :???:

Postby Tojo » Sun May 25, 2008 1:29 am
Blimey Dominique, those were a few very busy days by the sound of it :shock: It sounds like you got to see a lot though so I'm sure it was worth it (even if there wasn't any time for smurf hunting).
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Dutchiesmurf » Sun May 25, 2008 3:20 am
Sounds like a great trip! Nice pics btw

And welcome back
Page 1 of 1

Login