Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 2
Postby Simon X » Mon May 12, 2008 2:57 pm
As I had already mentioned I am tomorrow leaving to spend ten days in the Italian city Sorrento and Rome. :D
All the Latin students from my school's class 11 and 12 (about 60) will go there and we will drive with the bus, so the two drives will take about 24 hours each... :???:
But then we will be a few days in Sorrent and visit Pompeji etc. and a few days in Rome to visit the St. Peter's Basilica, Forum Romanum etc.
As it is a school trip, I won't find much time to look out for smurfs, but who knows...;) :-D
Bye and see you soon (at 24. May)! :D

Postby naish510 » Mon May 12, 2008 3:05 pm
Have a nice school trip Simon !!!!
I hope you will find some smurfs there, fingers crossed :fingers: :fingers:

Postby SmurfingH » Mon May 12, 2008 3:12 pm
That sounds like an exciting school trip although I don't envy you the bus part! :shock: Enjoy it! :-D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon May 12, 2008 4:56 pm
Have a great trip, Simon :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby smurfer » Tue May 13, 2008 11:22 am
Have a great time in Italy Simon !! :-D
:cheers:

Postby Dutchiesmurf » Tue May 13, 2008 2:09 pm
Awesome... I went on a schooltrip to Rome (long long time ago)

I remember the ride... it was also 24 hours hehehe.... but with your mates it's ok... you can handle it

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue May 20, 2008 3:19 am
Hope you have a great time being in Italy, Simon. :D I remember my school trip to the tuscane about eight years ago. For our coach had been too large for the Swiss customs officers, we had to go back all the way to Bavaria and Austria and the Brenner, which took us another five hours. :/ However, I wouldn't mind getting there again. The landscapes, the cities and the museums were magnificent!!! :smitten:

Postby Simon X » Sun May 25, 2008 11:42 am
Hi at all, I’m back!
It was a nice trip and here is a small report:
On Tuesday, 13th of May, we (about 60 Latin student of class 11 and 12) had the 24-years-bus-trip to Sorrent(o) that wasn't that bad at all, but of course quite long. We stayed there in smaller huts on a camping ground. On Thursday then we had our first bus trip to Pompei, which was nice, as we often have spoken aboot it at school and could see it now.
The following day we took a small ship to drive to the island Capri. There we walked to a smaller ruin called Villa Jovis on a mountain where has been a great view (see photo) over the island. The rest of the time in Capri we spent at the beach.
On Saturday then we walked to the peak of the Vesuvio, the vulcano that destroyed Pompei once. That day we also visited the antic city ruin Paestum and we enjoyed a short time at a sand beach.
Having had free time on Sunday in Sorrento, where has also been a stone beach (Did I mention that the weather in this first week in Sorrento has been great?), we went to Rome on Monday. This took about 4 hours by the bus and we stayed in a small hotel.
On the first day there we already had a small look at Rome and visited the Fontana di Trevi and the Spanish steps. The days in Rome had a small problem, by the way: Rain. Or: Rainstorms, not for a long time each, but strong. Therefore we mostly only made some trips in the morning and at noontime. So, on Tuesday we visited the Vatican City with its St. Peter's Basilica. On Wednesday we have been in the Colloseum (see photo) and the Forum Romanum. The last complete day in Rome we made a longer city walk to visit for example the Pantheon, some Senate buildings and the Piazza Navona. On our way back we made a 2,5-hours-stop at the Lake Gardathat was also very nice.
All in all, it was a nice trip with great waether and nice trips in Sorrento and not so good weather, but also a very interesting time in Rome. And by the way: I didn't see any smurfs (okay, aside from a few smurfs that were on some shirts). ;)

View over the sea from Capri

The colloseum, the biggest Roman amphithetre, with me in the front

Postby Lia » Sun May 25, 2008 12:01 pm
Wonderful trip Simon! I`ve been to all those places too and they are very beautiful and interesting!
Thanks for your report!

Lia

Postby Dutchiesmurf » Sun May 25, 2008 12:25 pm
Nice pictures! Do you have pictures of Forum Romanum?

Postby Guest » Sun May 25, 2008 12:35 pm
Hello Simon,good to see ya back, great report mate, and that picture of the Capri view is awesome, who took that picture ? It is an awesome image :D

:-D :beer:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun May 25, 2008 12:40 pm
A great report, Simon and beautiful pictures :-D

I am so jealous though. You got to go to Rome and Pompei...I have always been fascinated by Roman history and also the tragic history of Pompei and always wanted to go there...I am glad you made and had a good time :D

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby SmurfingH » Sun May 25, 2008 3:06 pm
Great report Simon. :D Sounds and looks like you had a great time.

Moey - Pompeii was explained on a recent Dr Who episode. The volcano had to explode and destroy the city or we would all have been turned into stone fire-breathing alien monsters! :shock: Now the Dr couldn't allow that, could he? :-D

(Yes I am a Dr Who freak!)

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun May 25, 2008 3:57 pm
Yes, Hilary, that makes perfect sense :yes:

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Tojo » Sun May 25, 2008 4:21 pm
Pompeii is amazing isn't it!! I wanted to go to Hercul.... something-or-other that got buried too but didn't have time unfortunately. I clearly remember going up Vesuvius too & looking into the crater & hoping that it wouldn't blow up!! :shock: A big blow is expected again sometime which, with the wrong weather conditions, would wipe out Naples!!!! Still it would solve their rubbish / refuse / litter problem :o

Rome is amazing as well!!!

You are so lucky to be able to go on such amazing culturally interesting holidays Simon :D Did you have to write a big essay about it all for your school work?
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Wed May 28, 2008 3:59 am
Thanks for your excellent report and the pics you included, Simon. :D
Seems like you were very busy as well. I went to the Tuscane with my class a couple of years ago. I loved having had much time of my own then, which I spent on visiting churches, cathedrals and museums, while my classmates were sitting at McDonald's. :D

Postby steveparkes » Wed May 28, 2008 4:18 am
Thanks for the report Simon, I would dearly love to go to Rome to see the places you went to..I have always felt an affinity with Rome and the Roman way of life, not sure why :)
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed May 28, 2008 10:31 am
What an awesome school trip Simon :shock:

I would really like to go to Pompeii some day and I have been dreaming of going to Italy for a long time now. The best place my school ever took me to was Canberra :???: .......Canberra still has less life than a flea that died in 1975. I remember being told that they were sending me home for several misunderstandings of my angelic behaviour....I hope you didn't get into much trouble when you were there Simon. Then again if they took me to Italy then I am sure I would of been a real Golden Balls to all of my teachers.

Excellent report :cheers:

Dyar

Postby Simon X » Wed May 28, 2008 2:08 pm
At first, thank you very much for your replies!
Nice pictures! Do you have pictures of Forum Romanum?
Yes, I have. Not very good ones, but I'll post one. The Forum Romanum was one of the things that were different from what I expected, because I imagined a bigger, free place and not so many (destroyed) buildings. ;)

that picture of the Capri view is awesome, who took that picture ? It is an awesome image :D
Thanks, it was me me who made that photo. I stood on the "Monte Tiberio" on Capri. :D
Did you have to write a big essay about it all for your school work?
No, I didn't have to. So this report on the board is my only little report about the Rome trip. :-D

At last, let me say, that I liked to read your experiences about Italy and I hope that all of you who haven't been there, but want to, will get the possibility to visit it, once. :D
And I post one more picture - from Pompei.

Postby Guest » Wed May 28, 2008 2:10 pm
Great pictures again Simon, you have the potential to be a great photographer :D

:-D :beer:
Page 1 of 2

Login