Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun May 11, 2008 8:09 am
This year seems to be bad for my Hayfever. I always have it but I can usually handle it quite nicely. It comes when I am around grass and since a lot of it blooming right now, my eyes stay watery and my nose is stomped up. The wind that whirls the pollen around doesn't help either.
Since I am also a fresh air fanatic and keep my windows open as long as I can until it gets to muggy later this summer, so you can imagine how well I am doing right now :) :) :) It usually isn't as bad as this year though. I just cleaned my table and chairs on the backporch and I was surprised how white they are again..they had gotten quite yellow from the pollen :banghead:

I am wondering is this a bad year for summer allergies where you are, too? We do have our daily or nightly storms but they seem to make it worse and not better. The storms frankly drive me crazy as Petee is a master at discovering new ways to escape as he is afraid of thunder and can hear it even when it is thundering in Texas :banghead: )
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby steveparkes » Sun May 11, 2008 8:39 am
I don't think it's fully kicked in over in the UK yet, but I know it's on the way as my eyes are already itching :(
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby SmurfingH » Sun May 11, 2008 9:15 am
Luckily the only thing I'm allergic to is ordinary sticking plaster and then I just come up in an itchy rash where the plaster has been. I have the back door open all day long in this warm weather which the dogs love. They come and go as they please.

Poor Petee not liking thunder! My mum's springer is like that but she doesn't sound as bad as he is. Mine are ok but the greyhounds hate fireworks so November is a fraught month for us. :eek: :???:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun May 11, 2008 1:03 pm
I would love to have the windows open right now, but the winds are so strong that they blew the smurfs off the wall earlier today :shock:

We did have lunch on the backporch though, but it was something else with the 40 mph winds around us...Getting the spaghetti into our mouths instead of the face was not as easy as it sounds :o

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Tojo » Sun May 11, 2008 4:45 pm
I'm really suffering this year :(
Normally I'm only allergic to grasses but this year the birch trees in our garden (giant things bigger than our house!!) are driving me mental!!!! My eyes are ok but my mouth is really itchy & my nose is running like a fountain :( :(

Soon the grasses will start flowering so I hope I can cope with those....

Those winds sound like a nightmare :) :) Eating spaghetti in high winds is probably not a good idea :lol: :lol:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby SmurfingH » Mon May 12, 2008 3:22 am
Those winds sound like a nightmare :) :) Eating spaghetti in high winds is probably not a good idea :lol: :lol:
I'd like to see a vid of that though! 8-) 8-)

Sorry you're suffering Tojo. Sounds like a real nightmare! :shock:

Postby eggie smurf » Mon May 12, 2008 7:29 am
This is one of the worst allergy seasons according to my allergist..amazingly, I cannot tell the difference as I'm always a complete mess from spring to winter. But everyday the pollen coats my car in just a few hours - lovely...not! Have you tried over-the-counter Zyrtec, Mo? It does help :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon May 12, 2008 4:57 pm
I will try that, Stace :D

We kept Mum busy telling us where the spaghetti was on our faces...she had great fun telling us and the dogs wanted to lick our faces so badly..... :eek:
:)

I really need a life, me thinks :banghead:

Hidden in the Woods

Page 1 of 1

Login