Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 2
Postby Azrael » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:41 am
Laura and I finally got a moving date last week, so that's why I havn't been on this for a while.....but...

WE MOVE TOMORROW!!!!!!!!

Expect Smurf pics soon!!

WOOOOOOO!!! :-D
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby Michelle » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:02 am
I wish you all the best with the big move you'll make.
And please look at the back of the sofa, you'll never know there's a smurfer behind :sofa:

Good luck!

Michelle
SUNDAY the 12th of October 2014!! Save the date!!! The 7th edition of Blue Paradise!!!!

Blue Paradise

Postby Tojo » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:10 am
Great news Az!! I hope everything goes smoothly :D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:11 am
Good luck with your move. :fingers: :D

Postby SmurfingH » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:33 am
Best of luck for your move Az! :cheers: I don't envy you the moving part but you'll enjoy the new house I'm sure! :D

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:08 am
Good luck Az, i hope it goes smoothly for you both :D

:-D :beer:

Postby smurfieduck » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:07 am
Best of luck with your move tomorrow, Az!! I bet you are so excited!! :D

BTW, I can't wait to see your smurfies! :) :-D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby steveparkes » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:38 am
Good luck with your move Az..get those smurfies out and show us some pics :)
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby eggie smurf » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:55 am
Good luck tomorrow Al and Laura! The moving part is a pain and normally the unpacking part is a pain but unpacking smurfs is FUN!!!!! Can't wait to see your new "smurf" room too :cheers:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Azrael » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:31 am
Thanks everyone!!!!!

Was just talking in the staffroom and said that I would do the smurf room the second I get into the house!

Some staff didn't know I was a collector and they were REALLY interested and supportive (I think, unless they are Jack Nicolson-level actors).

What have others experiences when they have 'come out' so to speak?

Al.

Postby Rachel » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:39 am
Good look Az, I am sure you are going to love it once you are in and unpacked. Can't wait to see your collection. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Azrael » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:52 am
Sorry, my laptop crashed and I totally screwed up that last post.

I was meant to say "What experiences have you guys had when you have 'come out' as smurf collectors?"

D'oh! :banghead:

Postby smurfer » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:09 pm
Good luck with your move Az and Laura !! :D :D
:cheers:

Postby FlamingO » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:54 pm
Hope all goes well with the move Al. :-D :fingers:
It was moving house about two years ago that got me back into smurf collecting (4th time round :) ) :thumbsmurf:

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:57 pm
Good luck Al & Laura with the move :D

I have packed up nearly everything at my house and will be moving very soon also, so I know what an effort it is.

Just hope it all goes very smoothly and we all look forward to seeing the smurf pics when the time is right.

Dyar :cheers:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:21 pm
Good luck with the move, Al & Laura :D
You must be so excited to be able to get the smurfs displayed soon :-D

Good luck to Dyar as well :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Tojo » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:26 pm
I have packed up nearly everything at my house and will be moving very soon also, so I know what an effort it is.
Dyar :cheers:
Are you moving within Oz or to the US of A Dyar? I knew you were working elsewhere but didn't know you were planning a move. I hope you have some space to display some of your smurfies when you've settled down again :D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Michelle » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:05 am
Sorry, my laptop crashed and I totally screwed up that last post.

I was meant to say "What experiences have you guys had when you have 'come out' as smurf collectors?"

D'oh! :banghead:
When I told this at work they wouldn't beleive it at first!
But later on I was on tele, so they had to believe me!
And now when they see something of the smurfs they tell me always!
It's kind of nice but they laugh a lot with me and my smurfs too... but not to bad... I can laugh with it too.... :) :) they are funny guys so, no problem at all! :-D

Michelle
SUNDAY the 12th of October 2014!! Save the date!!! The 7th edition of Blue Paradise!!!!

Blue Paradise

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:49 am
Most of my coworkers and friends make fun of it and laugh with me as I don't take it too seriously either...But none have any idea how much I have..and I dread the day the truth comes out. I think most assume I have maybe 100 smurfs or so :oops: :)

It was funny, when I was helping to train the new hire class a few weeks ago, I had to come up with a scenario of a family that needs medical help so I could explain how health insurance works..and I took the smurfs as an example...Most in the class had fun trying to remember the names of the smurfs and what could have happened to them to need health insurance :) :) :)

I have a few friends that love to go to antique shops, second hand shops and fleamarkets and if they find something smurfy they always bring it back to me (doesn't happen too often as I live in a smurf free area), which is always very very nice.

I came out as a smurf collector to my friends when I had to explain why I stopped in Belgium on my way to Germany a year ago :) and when I came back I had to show the Passion pictures to them... They were amazed how many smurfs there are.....and how many smurf collectors :)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby SmurfingH » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:08 am
I haven't told many people yet. My family know and Mum is really supportive. :-D Dad laughs at me but then he has a gazillion cds so I laugh right back! :) I've told one friend but as she's the one who dances to CBeebies (children's tv) with her greyhound she though it was quite normal! :lol: :lol:
Page 1 of 2

Login