Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Pitufo » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:17 pm
Hi...I want to ask you a question...I have bought smurfs last years on ebay or others ways on internet, and I have noticed there are lots of german sellers that don´t accept paypal...Is there a special reason for this????I know there are sellers all around the world don´t accept either, but I would say that it is more common in German :-? :-? :-?
JOAQUÍN

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:40 pm
I have noticed the same thing, Joaquin...one of the reason may be the fees for the sellers :-?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby FlamingO » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:39 am
Hi Joaquin. I have noticed this as well, although I did think recently that there were maybe slightly more accepting Paypal now than there used to be :???: . I have found a lot though, will actually add the Paypal fees to your invoice if you wish to pay that way :cool:

Postby SA Smurfette » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:25 am
I've noticed that as well, Joaquin :D

That's one of the reasons I hardly get anything from Germany.
It's all to sad to find something you've wanted for ages then notice the seller doesn't accept Paypal :(
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:31 am
Yes I can tell you tell why :

The one thing is because of the fees so I do it only for sellers outside Europe and in UK and some other countries.
But the main reason is that paying with bank transfer is so common that most of the people here in Germany has only the bank account and no paypal....
It is the same easy way.... bank transfer on the computer and also it is more secure.
no argument not to enable also PayPal (except security). And what I hate is the fact I'm not able to enable PayPal only for certain regions...

Postby PVCBlue » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:35 am
Yes I can tell you tell why :

The one thing is because of the fees so I do it only for sellers outside Europe and in UK and some other countries.
But the main reason is that paying with bank transfer is so common that most of the people here in Germany has only the bank account and no paypal....
It is the same easy way.... bank transfer on the computer and also it is more secure.
no argument not to enable also PayPal (except security). And what I hate is the fact I'm not able to enable PayPal only for certain regions...
Hi - I would like to address this, the fees are for any country, also if you are in the USA and the seller wants a bank transfer, 99% of the banks here charge anywhere from 25.00 to 45.00 to transfer money overseas!!!!! Most of the time that is more than the cost of the smurf!!!!
It is also easy to "attach" your bank account to your paypal account, and if you pay with bankfunds or funds you already have in paypal, there are not any fees most of the time. The fees are generally generated from paying with paypal by credit card.

:???:

Postby Pitufo » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:42 am
I would say that a bank transfer is as safe as a paypal payment...And an international transfer is always in Spain 3 euros..And if there is a little mistake in IBAN/BIC (usual when you have not all the info about the owner of the account), the banks charges you an extra fee..So, if you buy something for 150 €, 3 euros is 2%...How much are the fees for paypal????I can´t understand it!!!!!!

If paypal is accepted, it is easier for the buyer and I think even faster for the seller (he can check that the payment has been done 15 seconds after the auction has finished)...And the money that the seller can earn wold be more, because there are some buyers that don´t bid for that reason...Simply: I can´t understand it!!!!!!
JOAQUÍN

Postby paolo » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:13 am
I believe that some sellers simply don't want to pay commission costs.
If you pay with paypal, it's the seller who has to pay the commissions, whereas if you pay with a bank transfer it's the buyer who pays (unless he has a bank account with free transfers).
In Italy most of the sellers use a particular form of payment that ebay has ruled out as not good (and I will not name it here because I dislike it) that costs 1 euro in commissions for the buyer and to pay you have to go to the post office (and stay in queue). Sometimes I told sellers that I would rather make a bank transfer and they replied they didn't have a bank account nor paypal, so it was either the 1 euro commision to pay or make a postal transfer that costs much more.
And that's why I don't like Italian sellers.

Postby Rachel » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:05 pm
Hi Joaquin, yes I have noticed quite a few European sellers (not just German) who prefer bank transfers. I can totally understand why with less fees involved and it being easy to electronically complete the transaction. If you are selling, every time you are paid there is a deduction for the fee and this soon chips away at the money sent, especially if they are large amounts.

However, I find it is much better than it used to be, so many more sellers (and buyers) now using Paypal and Paypal are laughing all the way to the bank. When we first started on Ebay hardly any Europeans (including British) used it and more often than not I ended up sending cash.

:D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]
Page 1 of 1

Login