Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:38 am
I am wondering how often you have been driving on the highway past a car that was stuck because they ran out of gas, thinking.."Dude you are really stoopid"..well, I have done that millions of times, wondering how in the world they don't know when gas is getting low.

Um..with the gas prices reaching new highs, I decided on Friday that Sunday morning on my way to church was good enough to get gas and not to leave my house until then to save on gas and money..I just got into my car and it looks like I will be saving more gas today..My tank is empty..totally and completely empty..the next gas station is about 2 miles up the way but I am not even sure I make it that far and I am not about to try it out..so I called Mum who lives in the valley if she can drive the 20 miles up to me with some gas...I feel so completely and utterly stupid...I really don't have much else to say :???: :oops:

To make me feel better, I was wondering if anybody else has done stunts like this....I have done other stupid stuff before..but to run out of gas at your own house...I think that beats a lot of the stuff I have done so far :banghead:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Cassiebsg » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:47 am
I ran out of gas once too... right in a light signal at that! :banghead:
Acording to my calculations I should have enough gas to drive back home, and use the tank station there, but... driving earants for work wasn't part of my plan. :lol:
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:48 am
:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

I am going to pay for laughing i am sure :D

:-D :beer:

Postby Tojo » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:48 am
:) :) Nope I haven't managed that yet :) I've run out of petrol on the entrance to a petrol station once & had to push the car the last 20 feet :) :) The car's petrol guage didn't work any more (it was always on empty) so I had to guess how many miles I could go before the tank was empty.....I always had a tank in the boot of the car but on the above occasion that was empty too :banghead:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby eggie smurf » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:14 pm
Look at it this way, Moey....at least you weren't stoopid enough to run out of gas on the side of the road. Given the option of road or driveway, I'd say you did quite well running out of gas in your own driveway :sofunny:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby FlamingO » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:48 pm
Hi Maureen, I have probably ran out of petrol maybe 4 or 5 times :-? but all except one were when the car was parked and was too low to start it - I think it needs a bit of petrol to get it going :???:

I probably drive 75% time with the petrol light on - I call it free fuel cause sometimes I can sail that way for days :surfing:

Postby Rachel » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:53 pm
I don't know, any excuse for not going out on a Sunday morning. :)

Oh Moey, at least you were at home and not stuck on a country road late at night. :hug:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:30 pm
:)

I usually try to have at least a quarter of a tank of gas in my car, since being stranded in the middle of nowhere isn't my favorite thing to do...but I guess I was trying to save money and thought the gas prices would go down over the weekend... :) which they didn't :???:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby SA Smurfette » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:22 pm

I probably drive 75% time with the petrol light on
I'm not game enough to find out if my petrol light works, Sue :)
Soon as the gauge is on the stoke of empty I'm at that service station :-D

I'd rather run out of gas at my own house than along the side of the road Maureen as you know people will be driving by saying look at that idiot :lol:
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:01 pm
I've never ran out of petrol/gas but I have been in a car that has ran out of petrol int he past.....not as much fun as it sounds.

My problem used to be locking the keys in the car.....not a good thing to do when you have just picked up 3 hot pizzas and have friends eagerly waiting for them at home and........and.......well, you can't get into the car to drive back the 10 minutes home.

Dyar

PS - At least I got to eat hot pizza that night :D

Postby Gerda » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:33 pm
I've done the oposite already, I was trying to put gas in the tank and it would not let me, I got really worried there was something seriously wrong with the car so I even took it to a full service gas station and tried to have the attendant put gas in. Turns out I was reading the gas gauge wrong and the little black box ment it was full and the white one was empty.. I felt like a dork... So don't feel bad, at least you can read!! :) :)

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby FlamingO » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:00 pm
:sofunny: Gerda, I can completely sypathise with you :D

Not so many weeks ago a kind man stopped to tell me that I would struggle to put air in my tyres with so many kinks in the hose. So he got out his car and unravelled it and I carried on. Then he stops again and says 'that is not air - you are trying to fill your tyres with water' :scratchinghead: :sillyme: I dye my hair just a little bit blonder every year to compensate :-D

Postby Gerda » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:03 pm
:sofunny: Gerda, I can completely sypathise with you :D

Not so many weeks ago a kind man stopped to tell me that I would struggle to put air in my tyres with so many kinks in the hose. So he got out his car and unravelled it and I carried on. Then he stops again and says 'that is not air - you are trying to fill your tyres with water' :scratchinghead: :sillyme: I dye my hair just a little bit blonder every year to compensate :-D
:haha: :sofunny: We must have smurfs on the brain to pull stunts like that!
happily smurfing along

Postby Rachel » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:51 pm
:haha: 's

Oh dear ladies, sorry but I did have to laugh. :sofunny:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby SA Smurfette » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:17 pm
:lol3: :clap: Sue & Gerda :)
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Tojo » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:51 pm
Well I suppose with water in the tyres you'd be able to take sharp corners at higher speeds as there'd be less chance of the car tipping over :) :)

Sorry Sue :o :)
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:39 pm
Sue and Gerda

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

Thank you sooooo much for the laugh...and for letting me know I am in very good company

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:46 am
Sue, Gerda.......... :) :) :) :) :D

:-D :beer:
Page 1 of 1

Login