Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 3 of 3

Postby SmurfingH » Sun May 10, 2009 11:56 am
Very nice indeed André. Your garden looks really nice & I love your greenhouse too. The old kitchenware & beer garden set looks cool in there :D
I can't say it better than Tojo! :-D I love it Andre! :-D :) :)

Postby bwalters » Sun May 10, 2009 12:32 pm
I love to go to auctions too Andre' and I also love things with history. You have a hard time finding houses in the US that are old. We don't build them like they do over there. I like the way you have decorated you green house wirh antiques. Very nice.
Mr Bill

Postby stampysmurf » Sun May 10, 2009 1:10 pm
You have a beautiful home and greenhouse! I too love all things old!

Postby Gerda » Mon May 11, 2009 6:05 am
You have a hard time finding houses in the US that are old. We don't build them like they do over there. nice.
That depends on where you live Bill, I know around here there are old houses (not as old as things in europe) but old for around here. But like you said most don't last unless you restore them which costs an arm and a leg to do right. We live in a 100 plus year old house but other that the floor plan there isn't much that is original to when it was built. time just has a way with things :(
happily smurfing along

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon May 11, 2009 8:30 am
@André.: I love your greenhouse and the fact that you decorated it with very lovely old items. That's something I long to do, once I will have my own flat (preferable in a red-brick house). :smitten: :love: :D

@Moey: There are a lot of summer auctions, very neat fleamarkets and second hand shops/farms throughout Sweden. :D Thus, Manni and me have been to some of them together. If I had a van, I would have bought a lot of furniture of me. :D I also love the fact, that any Swedish magazine offers some very useful information on antiques. :love:

Postby André » Mon May 11, 2009 9:06 am
I love "farm" auktions Dom. :D

When they sell a lot of old stuff that has been stored in the barns and attics for maybe 100 years. But during summertime many germans, dutch etc. who has summerhouses in Sweden goes to these auktions and then the prices can get way too high. They buy many items to decorate their summerhouses. So for me it is better to go on the auktions in the autumn and springtime.

/André
Page 3 of 3

Login