Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 3 of 4

Postby smurfieduck » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:31 am
Beerface wrote:
Don't encourage her Sharon :o , she might get more :) :)
Oh, Beers, one can never have enough cats!! :) :lol:

The most I have had at any one time is 7 - Bootsie (black girl with white socks and bib); Peter (ginger and white boy); Jake (grey and white boy); Sandy (torty - like Rachels' Chitter); Chipper (grey and white girl); Kitty (tabby and white girl) and finally, Fluffy (grey and white long-haired girl). Plus, during this time, I did a lot of voluntary work for Cats Protection and came into contact with loads and loads of puddy cats!!! :-D

Next came: Bonnie (another tortie like Chitter) and then Sophie (a beautiful Siamese). While I had these two darlings, I worked at a cat shelter. So again, I would come into contact on a daily basis, with loads and loads of cats. It was at this shelter that I met Bonnie and Sophie. :-D

To those of you who aren't keen on our feline friends, can I just say that, in their defence, until you have had the pleasure of living with and fully interacting with a cat, you can't really know what they are really like. My ex-partner never really understood my fascination with the feline until I brought home Bonnie and she feel madly in love with her. She actually said to me "I now understand why you love cats so much!" :) :lol: :soapbox:

And now, I am catless :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Do you get the impression that I love cats?? :) :lol:

:-D :cat:
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:51 am
A friend of mine has seven cats now......he lives alone and his cats mean everything to him, and i am used to being around them :D

Do i think you like cats ? :) :) erm, just a bit :lol: :lol:

:-D :beer:

Postby FlamingO » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:26 am
I love cats :smitten: but seven :shock: that would be a few too many for me. They would have to be a bit more productive around the house for me to have that many :-?

Do you plan to get another one some day Sharon? :cat:

Postby smurfieduck » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:39 am
Sue wrote:
Do you plan to get another one some day Sharon?
Oh, most definitely!! I would love to get a puppy and a kitten. That way I could bring them up together. I haven't had a dog since I was 18. So, it would make a lovely change to have one. My partner's more of a doggie person as well. Me? If it's an animal, I will love it!!!

:mouse: :dolphin: :cat: :fish: :dogrun: :smitten:

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:53 am
If it's an animal, I will love it!!!
:mouse: :dolphin: :cat: :fish: :dogrun: :smitten:
Nice touch with the :fish: :) :) :)

The main reason I'm not keen on cats is I am horribly allergic to them so I choose my health over cats. There is nothing worse than having instant burning eyes, itchy throat, sneezing, and hacking going on...plus it's SO attractive :sofunny: But I have nothing against them if they stay away from me :smile: I am definitely more of a dog lover though because these do not try to kill me :) I used to be the treasurer of my local SPCA too and I just wanted to bring all the animals home though.
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby smurfieduck » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:43 am
Fishy wrote:
I used to be the treasurer of my local SPCA too and I just wanted to bring all the animals home though

That's terrific, Fishface!! I know what you mean - when I was at the cat shelter, I wanted to bring all the puddies home. Also, I have done voluntary work for the RSPCA (our version of your SPCA) and I wanted to bring all the animals home then too.

It's a shame that you are so allergic to puddies. I have a feeling Denise, my partner, is as well. She was told this in a hospital test. So, getting a cat might be out of the question. Though, we will definitely get a doggie one day. :dogrun:

Talking of the SPCA; we are often found watching the work of the SPCA on the Animal Planet TV channel. Great stuff!!!! :cat: :dogrun:

Oh BTW, I couldn't leave out :dory: :fish: I don't want to be fin-slapped by my fav. Fishy Fishface!! :) :lol:

:-D

Postby Rachel » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:42 am
Have you any more pics??
Hi Sharon, even though I think I may start a riot, I shall see what I can do later. :)

Stace, I am sorry to hear you are allergic. A good friend of mine is very allergic to cats and dogs and has to dose herself up on antihistamines to even walk past our house. :lol:

Sharon, 7 cats!! Wow, that is a lot of purring. The most we had was 3 (not counting the fews weeks we had 2 adults and 10 kittens) plus the 2 dogs of course.

Richard is on about a goat but I have said a big NO to that one! :eek:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:45 pm
Richard is on about a goat but I have said a big NO to that one! :eek:
How about a pig? They are very cute :smile:

Postby smurfieduck » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:58 pm
Richard is on about a goat but I have said a big NO to that one!
Why on earth not, Rachel? And, I totally agree with Fishy, a pig would be cute as well.

If I had my way, I would live out in the sticks (like Moey does :lol: ) and have me a whole array of animals..........cats, doggies, rabbits :bunny: ;chickens, goats, pigs, horses ........ I think you get the picture!!!!! :mosh:

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:11 pm
I think we should start calling you "Farmer Duckface" :-D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:51 pm
I know it's hard to believe...but I am more of a dog person ....both of my cats either found me and stayed (Paulchen) or were brought to me in the middle of the night (Mogli)

If I could manage it and was home more often I'd have a small dog :-D

I love animals but I do draw the line with goats :shock: :shock: they stink...simply stink...I used to live in a house where they kept goats (when I first came over here).....and they stink..I'd rather have pigs.. they stink, too, but at least you can feed them everything and they provide you with good ham :mrgreen: :)

I do wish I could afford to have a horse..I loved riding them when I finally managed not to fall down :)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:58 am
My family used to have racehorses when my grandfather was alive.....I used to love going to the farm and getting them to chase me....which is kind of idiotic as they can run....(my older brother got trampled once :) )

There were some horses I loved while other ones were just rude and not very polite. I liked having fish when I was younger.....but the ones I used to have were nowhere near as violent as the one we all have now.

Dyar

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:44 am
:) :) :) I wonder who you are referring to Dyar ? :dory:

:-D :beer:

Postby smurfieduck » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:49 am
Dyar AC wrote:
liked having fish when I was younger.....but the ones I used to have were nowhere near as violent as the one we all have now
:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :haha:

You had better believe it!!!! :dory: our favourite fin-slapping fishy!!! :-D

:bolt: :sprint: :pinksofa: :duck: :fish: :hit:

:naughtysmurf: :-D

Postby eggie smurf » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:38 am
....(my older brother got trampled once :) )
Couldn't have happened to a more deserving person :smile:

Oh, um, that's not meant as "violent", is it? I'm just stating fact - not that I would fin slap Dyar's relatives...well, yeah I actually would because, well, you'd just have to know them but I'd be doing humanity a service so again, not violent, right? Right? RIGHT??? You better all agree with me, dammit! :o

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:07 pm
I thought finslapping was reserved for your friends :-?

Are you implying Dyar's relatives are your friends? :o :eek:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:38 pm
Fin-slapping my relatives is a great idea and way way over due Stace

Stace never really fin-slaps me.....unless I beg her to of course :) :)

Dyar

Postby eggie smurf » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:45 pm
I thought finslapping was reserved for your friends :-?
I never fin-slap my friends :no: :smile: Didn't you read I'm not violent, dammit?? :banghead:

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:09 pm
Unless they beg of course

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:41 pm
Nope, no goats, no pigs and definitely no racehorses! :shock: :no:

We did have gerbils many years ago but then we had a near "pet eat pet" incident after the cats managed to let (or get) the gerbils to escape. How the two of them survived the night locked in a room with three cats, I still don't understand. :relieved:

After that, we decided it was better not to keep small, fluffy animals with long tails.......... :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]
Page 3 of 4

Login