Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 2 of 2

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:57 pm
Driving a bus + lots of wind = Plenty of fun ! :) :)
That's sounds like it could be one wild ride :shock:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:34 pm
I spoke with Granny today and she told me some pretty wild stories of the storm :shock: :shock:

Is it just me or has the weather in Europe really changed over the last few years....I don't remember storms like that when I grew up in Germany...but since I left 10 years ago it seems they are getting worse storms each year :shock: :-?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:11 pm

:-D :beer:
Don't you ever get bus-ted for sharing your lunch witht he poor innocent passengers Graham?

Dyar

The Dyars on the bus go round and round, round and round.....

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:26 am

Don't you ever get bus-ted for sharing your lunch witht he poor innocent passengers Graham?

Dyar

The Dyars on the bus go round and round, round and round.....
You can do, yeah ! :) :)

Postby Tojo » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:36 am
We are all fine here & can report that we didn't have much storm damage - just some guttering that came loose. Our fir trees took a bit of a bashing but they stayed upright luckily. The children were all sent home early from school as a precaution & lots of afternoon / evening activities were cancelled for the same reason.

We're lucky living where we do. The Frankfurt area & the Wetterau, the reion to the north where we live, are protected by 3 ranges of hills - to the west the Taunus, to the south the Odenwald & to the east the Vogelsberg. It was still extremely windy though & I'm glad we don't live in the north of the country
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby XoioX2000 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:44 am
Pretty much the same here Maxine: we are not actually very far from each other.

Very very high wind, lots of trees down. The main road was closed for a while. It did keep me up as I could hear the house "moaning" during the night. But it's quieted down now: today is very sunny with only very little wind. Apparently we should get some frost next week!
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:14 pm
Hi guys, its been really windy here too. Gusts of up to 95miles an hour. The A1 was closed for quite some time on thursday night due to Lorrys tipping over. When i was driving home down the A1 on thursday night there had been a lorry turn over and seven cars were in among the crash on the south bound lane. Aparently this was the same all along the A1 with several places with upturned lorrys. We escaped unscathed, still have the garden fence, house is still standing too. Thank goodness :D Lucie & Simon

Postby DrunkSmurf » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:20 pm
Ps. One bit of good news though. The hose pipe ban has been lifted which did make me chuckle as it seems to have been raining here for months! :D
Hi Rachael, you have to explain this one.

Glad to hear everyone made it through. In Missouri USA we're supposed to get a blizzard this evening, but I bet it will be nothing. Last weekend, though, we had freezing rain that froze on the branches and left the trees encased in ice. It was pretty to look at and brought a lot of tree limbs down. A house in our neighborhood--the house with ten Christmas lawn ornaments per square centimeter of yard--paid the price for being lazy about returning Christmas to the basement. Wham! Two toppled trees turned about 500 metal, glass, and plastic reindeer, Santas, Virgin Maries, and Snowmen to sparkling splinters.

Postby Rachel » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:56 am
Ps. One bit of good news though. The hose pipe ban has been lifted which did make me chuckle as it seems to have been raining here for months! :D
Hi Rachael, you have to explain this one.
Hi Tim :wave2:

Well the one thing you can rely on in Britain is that the weather rules everything which is rather strange as we don't tend to get the extremes of hot / cold and wet / dry.

If we have more than a few days of sunshine, the roads melt and hose pipe bans are put into place. If it snows for more than an hour, everything closes down and people clear the shelves of food in every shop. Wind causes leaves to fall from the trees and this will cause trains to stop running although in fairness, flower pollen can also stop the trains running. Rain is something we are more than used to so you would think that this shouldn't cause too many problems but unfortunately, Britain hasn't grasped the concept that flood plains are just for that, soaking away excess water and so keeps building on these flood plains and is then very suprised when any flooding happens.

:-? :)
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby steveparkes » Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:14 am
:haha: You summed up the british and their weather very well there Rach
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Tojo » Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:26 am
That made me laugh Rachel as it's so very, very true :D

I still haven't got used to the extremes here in Germany & probably never will. Most people here think that it must be really cold in Britain as it's so far north & when I explain to them that Torquay & Frankfurt are more or less on the same latitude they look at me as though I come from Mars. I have to show them a decent map of Europe to prove it.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby attombomb7 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:25 am
hi!

this is the first I've heard of this! I haven't been reading the papers!

what a shock! so glad everyone is ok! how frightening!
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:51 pm
I got caught up in a storm down here on Friday night.....but it cleared by morning after she had a good night's sleep

Dyar :relieved:

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:00 am
I got caught up in a storm down here on Friday night.....but it cleared by morning after she had a good night's sleep

:haha: :D

Postby Rachel » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:27 pm

:haha:

Your going straight to hell for that one! :neener: :sprint:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]
Page 2 of 2

Login