Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 2 of 4

Postby smurfieduck » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:16 pm
Rachel wrote:
Here are Pugsley (1st pic) who we lost in Jan this year and Lexus who passed away in Aug 2005.
This must have been a huge loss to you both. :hug: It's great that you now have the 'girls' but another cat can never replace another cat. It has taken me ages to come to terms with losing Bonnie and Sophie and I am only starting to feel ready for another cat (and dog!! :lol: ). I still cry when I look at their pictures but I can now think about them with joy, and not sorrow. I have so many happy memories of them and all the cats that I have had the pleasure of sharing my life with. They are never forgotten!!

:D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:36 pm
(Sorry Dyar and Graham, I just couldn't resist another kitten pic)
Kittens are acceptable...it's cats they have problems with :) :) :) Too bad they can't make a cat that looks like a kitten forever...that would just be too cute :D They have genetically engineered hypoallergenic cats though (and no, Moey, I still wouldn't get one! LOL)
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:39 pm
I think, Dyar has problems with kittens also...you don't even want to know what he said when he first learned that I had a new kitten (and he learned of it when the kitten was on his way to my house)

actually it was quite funny.....he just suggested I send it to him so he can try out his new recipe for catserole :D and believe me, I was very very tempted to do just that 8)

but no worries, Duckie....I wasn't ready for Mogli at first as I was still in mourning, but he found his way to my heart, but that's strictly between you and me :winks:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Cassiebsg » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:44 pm
Awsome cats. :D

Congrats on the new addition to the family. :)
Also have 2 myself. :)
Guito (short for Negrito) is a european black cat and he's 15,5 year old. He still lives in Portugal with my parents. And Smokey (Mus - mouse in danish - for short ;) who's nordic race (?) & red coloredand about 3 years old.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:03 am
They are absolutley adorable :smitten:

I think Smoogle and Chitter are fantastic names :-D Just be careful with your pronunciation when calling little chit in from the garden :D
Excellent Sue ! :) :) :)

Rach, i don't mind cats,i just would'nt have one of my own, i'm a dog kind of person, always will be,but my mate has 7 of cats and i always make a fuss of them when i see them, after i have searched everywhere for each and every one of them that is ! :eek: So when i see them next summer, as long as they dont come between me and K&K, we'll get on fine :) :)

:-D :beer:

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:57 am
HI Rach, congratulations on your two new additions to your household. They are very cute, like Linda says their blue eyes are stunning. We also have two new additions to the household. Two Parson Jack Russell terriers called Stanley and Donny. I didn't name them either. I will take a photo to show you all later. I have to say though you guys have all posted some beautiful pictures of your late pussy cats also. Lucie

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:34 pm
I just have one question to ask Rach

Were they tasty?

Or are you still fattning them up for Christmas lunch or dinner?

Cats aren't the nicest thing to eat.....but it's better than keeping them me thinks

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:04 pm
Thanks guys, well that is Thanks to everyone for their nice comments. :-D

:flame: @ Dyar :wicked:

The kittens are settling in really well although they are both completely crazy! :)

Sorry to dissapoint Linda and Luce, their yes are not blue, that is just the camera flash. They are still very cute though. :love:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby DrunkSmurf » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:45 pm
I just have one question to ask Rach

Were they tasty?

Or are you still fattning them up for Christmas lunch or dinner?

Cats aren't the nicest thing to eat.....but it's better than keeping them me thinks

Dyar
Hi Rachael those were really cute cats and its very upsetting to hear you ate them.

Especially when imitation tofu cat meat is so readily available and nutritious.

Uh, OK, the joke is on me. I had dog stew in China.... but... but... it's not pet dog... it's like a big ugly yellow dog they raise on farms.... and... and...

On an unrelated note: my middle dog, Yanzu, died at my parents' house while I was overseas. No, seriously! It's like sad. And kind of weird. Death, I mean. One minute they're there. The next minute they're gone. I guess I could dig her up, take her to work, and make company history. (There was like this nutcase in the late 90s who thought the company was firing lasers at him from the ceiling and he would spontaneously hurl pencils at women, and people still talk about him. He's like the icon of nutjobs).

Seriously, though, those are really cute cats. My wife is allergic to cats, otherwise I'd like to find another. If they are males, keep an eye out for kidney crystals. We had like death year in 2001 when both my cat and my parent's cat died from crystal formation in the kidneys and they were only a few years old.

But, seriously, my poor dead dog. I started feeding my oldest dog soft dog food and told my middle one she'd have to wait her turn after she was oldest.

Guess she didn't wait... :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin:

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:18 am
My wife is allergic to cats, otherwise I'd like to find another.
It's a good thing your wife is allergic then :eek:

I have owned cats in the past and I used to like them........just not sure why these days.

Dyar

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:39 am
I guess I could dig her up,
Awww I'm sorry to hear about your dog but very glad that the line after the one above wasn't "make her into dog stew". :-P
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Rachel » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:48 pm
Hi Rachael those were really cute cats and its very upsetting to hear you ate them.
Gawd, definitely not worth eating the scrawny little things. :)

Sorry to hear about your dog Tim, never great but it must have been hard with you being away at the time. :hug:

Well, it has been a hell of a week, it is such hard work HAVING to play with kittens. The best way to get the kittens used to humans and not living wild is to play with them and so you can imagine how bad that is. :lol: :cloud9:

They are fine with us but we are taking it slow with the dogs as those of you who have met our dogs know, they are "quite" excitable. :dogrun: :)

Here are a couple of updated pics of Smoogle & Chitter and Chitter really does chitter! :shock:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby smurfieduck » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:51 pm
One word.............BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!

Your little Chitter reminds me so much of my Bonnie. It brought tears to my eyes. I never knew Bonnie as a little kitty. So, this has given me some insight to what she would have looked like.

I hope you have many happy, fun-filled years with them both. Rachel you are so very lucky!! :D

Postby Tojo » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:38 pm
Smoogle is so pretty looking :shock: What wonderful colours. I'm sure I mentioned before that I like cats but there's no way I could keep one here as it could probably cross the road & get squished (just like the last one that adopted us). I also have the problem that my eyes turn red & itchy when I'm near cats.... I prefer cats do dogs anyday.

I told Mrs Tojo that I'm going to buy hot dog rolls tomorrow. We've got mustard (jars & jars of the stuff :) ), ketchup & onions & if Sammy howls or barks once more while I'm tring to sleep after the night shift he's going in the boiling water :angry: :x :angry: :x :angry:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby DrunkSmurf » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:56 pm
Smoogle is so pretty looking :shock: What wonderful colours.
I agree those cats are really great colors!
I told Mrs Tojo that I'm going to buy hot dog rolls tomorrow. We've got mustard (jars & jars of the stuff :) ), ketchup & onions & if Sammy howls or barks once more while I'm tring to sleep after the night shift he's going in the boiling water :angry: :x :angry: :x :angry:
Take him for a walk to the nearest Korean restaurant. Dog stew is their thing (kae-gogi). One whiff of the place might put the fear of God in him and he'll start listening to you.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:18 pm
they are really beautiful, Rachel :-D

have you let them into the smurf room yet???? Better hide the Astro set...mine holds a special interest to Mogli.... :eek:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:41 pm
:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

it's a bit early in the morning to be seeing disturbing images like this isn't it Rach?

....and I get into trouble for posting pics of spiders and mushed frogs :-?

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Ok say something nice about the things before Rach bans me.....um, um, er, um......they have wonderful names Rachel :D

Dyar

Postby Dreaming In Blue » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:26 pm
Your kitties are so adorable! Huge congrats! :)

Postby smurfieduck » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:58 pm
Every time I look at this thread and at the pics of your kitties, my heart just melts. Absolutely adorable!!! :cat: :love: :smitten: :cat:

Have you any more pics?? :D

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:51 am
Don't encourage her Sharon :o , she might get more :) :)

:-D :beer:
Page 2 of 4

Login