Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Rachel » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:53 am
Hi guys, how annoyed was I this morning! :x

I spent three hours listing some items on Ebay last night, no smurfs I'm afraid, but some items such as records and unwanted Christmas pressies, to try and make a bit of cash.

I got up this moring all excited to see if we had any watchers or even any bids only to find that Ebay had cancelled them all because we mentioned that we accept cash in the description. :(

This must be a relatively new rule as I was using the same text as I had done for years and had been using it on auctions as recent as October last year.

It wasn't an option or anything that I had ticked, purely that I mentioned that we accept £ GBP. € Euro and $ USD...........

Apparently you cannot mention that you will accept cash! :shock:

I am going to have to re-list all the items now and take out the offending line of text. Grrrrrr to Ebay. :crazyangry:

:soapbox:

Okay, rant over and I am now feeling a little bit happier now that the 2007 smurfs have arrived. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby steveparkes » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:10 am
Awww, poor Rach..I've never heard of that rule..thanks for letting me know before I did the same..grrr naughty ebay..why can't they ever end the auctions we know are dodgy???
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:18 am
Wow Rachel, that really must be a new rule they have made but it's certainly a pig of a rule..... :banghead: If this is the case now then why not make an announcement about it as we're always on ebay and have not seen anything about it..... :-?

If you ask me it's a stupid rule as everyone listing auctions usually puts that sort of thing in the description..... :???:

Smurfy regards
Steve :D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:01 pm
Wow, that must be a very new rule...as I have seen auction that accepted cash just recently (probably around December)

:banghead:

I hope you are able to relist them Rachel and you will get a lot of money for them :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter
Postby eggie smurf » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:08 pm
I got up this moring all excited to see if we had any watchers or even any bids only to find that Ebay had cancelled them all because we mentioned that we accept cash in the description. :(
This has happened to me before...the cancellation part but it was AFTER the auction was already won and paid for :banghead: The winner wanted their money back through paypal and ebay wouldn't get rid of the final value fee until I sent them a nasty-gram. I made the mistake of putting a link to the product's website and that's why it was yanked. Yet there are all types of shill bidding and fakes that are reported to ebay that they do nothing about. Make sure they refund your listing fees, Rach, since they are the ba$tards that canceled them. :angry:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Rachel » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:15 pm
Thanks guys. :hug:

Hopefully I will get them relisted later this week. At least Ebay have already refunded my account with the listing fees so I suppose that is something. :relieved:

I used to be able to whip out auctions every few minutes but these days I am a bit slower and these items were all completely different so I am just annoyed how much time I wasted last night. :snail:

Having read the policy rules, it does say about accepting cash but I have never had this problem before so maybe it is new. :-?

I won't be making THAT mistake again. :o :)

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:57 pm
That's annoying Rachel, i hope you get them re-listed and sold asap :D

:-D :beer:

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:35 pm
Sorry to hear about your ebay problems Rach. Glad to hear that they refunded your listing fees. :-D Lucie

Postby FlamingO » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:14 pm
I feel for you Rachel, its such a drag doing listings, not something I enjoy at all :sad: I'm always relieved when there done - until posting time comes :) . Hope they all go well for you.

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:29 pm
How annoying Rachel. This has happened to me too and I can only think that someone probably reported it because they have nothing better to do or have no life.....otherwise I doubt Ebay would of picked up on it.

Give Richard a few punches and you may feel a little better :-x

Good luck with the auctions when you get them back on

Dyar

PS - Sorry Rich.....I guess it will be pay back time next time I stay :music:

....I prefer the violin across back of head to a cello if I still get to choose?
Postby DrunkSmurf » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:44 pm
Okay, rant over and I am now feeling a little bit happier now that the 2007 smurfs have arrived. :-D
Not in the colonies, they haven't.

But--
Why does ebay care whether you accept cash? I guess because it invites the potential for sellers claiming they never received the cash? But, to completely de-list you? Since when did Ebay become the buyers best friend? I'm surprised the CEO didn't -wink-wink- ask for a cut.

"Don't worry. Send me 10% and I'll suspend the crap-head if he gives you bad feedback."

Actually, have competitors to ebay emerged yet? With both buyers and sellers complaining about it, it seems competition is sure to find a market.

Postby Bunno Smurf » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:37 pm
Hi Tim,

I guess they don't want cash being used as they're sick of people making "item not received" claims. :-?

There are a few rival auction sites appearing now. I know theres a yahoo one in the US. I also saw one from NZ (I forget what it was called). Here in Australia theres Oztion and quite a few others as well but they're hardly off the ground yet and you need people to know about them to make them work I guess.

In the end my bet is ebay will just buy them all and shut them down. Pessimistic aint I?? I vaguely remember typing in a link for some such site once and was surprised to be redirected to ebay. :angry: :angry:

I don't know if theres anything as global as ebay though. They certainly need some stiff competition in my opinion.
:star: LINDA :star:
Postby toydreamer » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:03 pm
...but some items such as records and unwanted Christmas pressies...
You've gone way inside my unwritten rule of not selling unwanted Xmas presents before 6 months is up. lol

:eek:
Smurfs, smurfs & more smurfs at Toy Dreamer: www.toydreamer.com.au :eek:
Postby SA Smurfette » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:09 am

You've gone way inside my unwritten rule of not selling unwanted Xmas presents before 6 months is up. lol

:eek:
:) :) :) :) :)

What a pain, Rachel :x
Glad you have been refunded by ebay though.
Still annoying with having wasted all that time of listing them :???:
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Rachel » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:14 pm
:lol3: Nice one Andrew :sofunny:

Well I have managed to relist everything, hopefully this time they should stay put. :fingersx:

No smurfs I am afraid but I am hoping to sort a few for Ebay soon. :D
Page 1 of 1

Login