Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby SuperJen » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:21 pm
I'm sitting here in my shop and the smoke from the fires about 200 km's away is outside everywhere. The sky is smokey and you can't see the city buildings, 10km away. The smell of the fires has even come into my shop.

It's awful. I can't imagine what it's like for those fighting the fires and living in the towns close by. There's 3000 fire fighters and a few fires have joined up and they say it might get worse. One fire wall is 100km long.
:star: SUPERJEN :star: :eye: I've got my eye on you

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:41 pm
We seem to have problems with bushfires every year....it's amazing there is any bush left after the last 15 years of fires.

Dyar

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:59 am
Wow I can't imagine how scary that must be when fires like that are so close......... :eek:

Smurfy regards
Steve :D

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:01 am
Let's hope no-one has been caught in it ! I agree Jen, firefighters are amazing people ! :D

:-D :beer:

Postby toydreamer » Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:56 am
It's pretty bad in Victoria right now. The haze is everywhere.

Hope all are safe.

:cheers:
Smurfs, smurfs & more smurfs at Toy Dreamer: www.toydreamer.com.au :eek:

Postby Tojo » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:37 pm
They've been showing the fires on TV here too - I hope the firemen can get them under control soon. I'm so glad that we don't get fires like that in Germany as there's one heck of a lot of forest here :eek:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Rachel » Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:29 pm
Hi guys,

that is really bad to hear. :???:

I haven't seen much news over the mast week or so so I don't know if it has been on the news here in the UK much.

Like Steve, I can't imagine how bad it must be for you guys down under. We have little forest fires here but nothing on the same scale as yours. It must be frightening and sad for those affected. :neutral:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]
Page 1 of 1

Login