Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 2 of 2

Postby southernyacht » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:54 pm
Hi there,

I don't normally beleive in ghosts etc, but when I was in Key West a few years ago, we visited Ernest Hemingways house. I waited ages for tour groups to go and for the grounds to be empty before I took a picture of the house. But when I got it printed, there was a little man in the corner with a grey beard :scared: I'll try and look it out and post it here

Cathy x :cat:

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:42 pm
Sounds very spooky Cathy.....please post the pic if you can. It would of been cool to see a real life ghost in front of you....not sure what I would do or say or pass out if that happened.

Isn't there a ghost that appears on screen in the movie "Thre Men & A Baby" or the sequel? I remember seeing and hearing about this but not sure if it was a hoax by the people making the film or whether it was meant to be actually true.

Dyar

Postby Smurf-aholic » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:01 pm
Spooky..would have freaked me out, and blaming the cat seems the way to go.

Once when the house was all quite and the kidlets were all sound asleep and my husband was on a buisness trip, I was curled up in front of the TV.(BS.....Before Smurf, now I would be infront of the :pc2: and buying smurfs) Anyhow, all of the sudden I heard this creepy ghostly sound and I jumped out of my skin. I am not the bravest person, but I had to protect my kids, so off I went to investigate. It kept getting louder and of course it had to come out of the basement. I called my dog for protection, (not sure who would have run off faster), and went down the stairs. .....and found my son's ghost town car garage was going off on its own.
I sold it at the next swapmeet.

Postby steveparkes » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:39 pm
Isn't there a ghost that appears on screen in the movie "Thre Men & A Baby" or the sequel? I remember seeing and hearing about this but not sure if it was a hoax by the people making the film or whether it was meant to be actually true.
No Dyar, thats become a bit of an urban myth..The figure behind the curtains is a "standee" (a stand-up cardboard cutout used for advertising displays) of Ted Danson, dressed in a top hat, white shirt, and tails. The standee prop was created as part of a story line involving a dog food commercial in which Danson's character (he's an actor in the film) appears, but references to the figure were cut from the finial version of the film.
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:41 pm
Thank you Steve....I was pretty sure I saw the footage...maybe it was a doco or something and not the actual film.

Thanks for clearing that up as I wasn't too sure.

Dyar

Postby steveparkes » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:06 am
Think it appears in the film Dyar (haven't seen it for years)..it's just there is no explination in the film..as that part ended up on the cutting room floor
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:20 am
Oops...yes I see what you mean now Steve. You have to fogive me for not being too focussed cos I was at work and I never concentrate when i'm there...although usually I don't have a problem with the forum. :-?

Dyar

Postby steveparkes » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:56 am
likewise Dyar..concentrate at work???? nah, next you'll be telling me I have to WORK!! :)

Postby Tojo » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:41 pm
Work is just time out from smurfing I always thought. Oh & a way of financing more smurfs too :D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:
Page 2 of 2

Login