Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Gerda » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:55 am
Has anyone ever gotten a page to apear when logging into there pay pal acount that says you have an outdated bookmark please log in again? I just got that after trying to log into my pay pal. I did NOT click on anything on that page nor did I log into anything from there, just closed the page and tried again and got on to pay pal with no problem. My hunch says this is a scam of some sorts trying to get your info, but I don't know for sure. Scary though the lengths some people will go to steal information..

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Rachel » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:09 pm
Hi Gerda, I haven't seen this so I can't really help. You probably did the best thing though, you just never know. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:27 pm
I haven't seen this either Gerda :-?
Postby XoioX2000 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:38 am
Has anyone ever gotten a page to apear when logging into there pay pal acount that says you have an outdated bookmark please log in again? I just got that after trying to log into my pay pal. I did NOT click on anything on that page nor did I log into anything from there, just closed the page and tried again and got on to pay pal with no problem. My hunch says this is a scam of some sorts trying to get your info, but I don't know for sure. Scary though the lengths some people will go to steal information..

gerda
This is worrying Gerda: How did you log in your paypal account in the first place? Did you follow a link or did you type in the address? If you typed in the URL then no worries. If you followed a link: Check, double check, triple check that link. In doubt, immediately change your password.
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby Gerda » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:37 am
I did use my pay pal book mark to go to pay pal. then I logged in and once I did that it said I had an old book mark or url to log in again useing the page that just popped up. I closed it and tried again and had no problems.. I did change my password though just to be safe!! :D

gerda
happily smurfing along
Page 1 of 1

Login