Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby JT » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:16 pm
Today I went to see movie, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
I don´t know, but I must say, I think it was good film. I´ve heard lots of bad things about it, but I liked it. A lot :D
Have you seen it? What did you think of it?

JT

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:22 pm
Oh have you? We have herd nothing but prase for it over here. We whent and see it on tuesday i thought it was more of an adult film than for kids. I loved Mr bever and all his comments. I thought it was great me and Kim both give it a thumbs up. :-D :-D
Smurfy regards, steve. :D

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:51 pm
We saw it on New Years Eve and it was better than I expected. I thought the talking animals looked like they were really talking too and not just opening their mouths to words.
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby JT » Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:20 am
I loved the animals too. Although they talked, they still moved and looked like real animals, which was good. And fauns, especially Mr.Tumnus was magnificent :D
Those half man, half horse warriors (centaurs?) were well made too. They looked really handsome.

Story was beautiful, it make me want to go back to Narnia. And if there´s ever a sequel, I´m sure I will :cheers:

J

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:18 am
There are actually seven books in the chronicles of narnia series but the lion the witch and the wardrobe is the second book.
The bbc did their own adaptations of four of them as I remember watching them as a kid. I'm sure if they decide to turn anymore of the books into films they will be equally good :-D
If anyone is interested the books are:
The magicians nephew
The lion the witch and the wardrobe
The horse and his boy
Prince caspian
The voyage of the dawn treader
The silver chair
The last battle

Smurfy regards
Steve :D

Postby Rachel » Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:08 am
Hi guys, we haven't seen it yet but do intend to see it soon. :-D

I have heard loads of people raving about it and it is such a fab story to begin with.
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:54 am
I've never been that keen on these stories, I'm not sure why. I read the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe but never bothered with the others and never enjoyed the dramas on tv. I'm wondering if something scared me when I read it when I was little and maybe I can't remember, because it seems strange as obviously it is a classic story, so why do I get the eebie jeebies about it? :-?

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:12 am
I just love the bit where Vyvian goes through the wardrobe just before Jerzei Balowski who has turned into a homicidal maniac after drinking from Vyvian's Coke can follows him with an axe through the wardrobe as well......great story...and much funnier than I would of thought. :D

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:31 am
Ok well that explains what scared me :) :) :)

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:32 am
Actually I remember having very bad vibes about Edmund (is it Edmund? The bratty one who likes the Snow Queen? Very scary..) :( :(

Postby JT » Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:54 am
Thanks for information Steve :D
Actually that BBC´s Narnia series was here on TV few years ago, I managed to see only couple of episodes, but it was also very good.

Karen, yes it was Edmund, he ain´t so scary on film though :)

JT

Postby eggie smurf » Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:18 pm
Karen, yes it was Edmund, he ain´t so scary on film though :)
I agree....Edmund was more bratty than scary! He needed a spanking.

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:52 pm
I've suddenly been very bratty for a while now Stace 8)

Postby eggie smurf » Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:12 pm
I've suddenly been very bratty for a while now Stace 8)
Oh really?? :shock: :shock: :hit:

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:15 am
I didn't mean for you to spank with a baseball bat :eek:

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:44 pm
Hiya Jt, Simon and i saw Narnia last weekend. I enjoyed it , i thought it was good but not as good as the Tv series. Ive read all the books too , but sometimes when you've read all the books the film version can be slightly different :-D Lucie

Postby JT » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:37 pm
I really wish that TV series to start again. I seemed really good.
Now I have to get the books too :lol:

And this movie was inspiration for my next Smurf Surgery project. I hope I succeed. Just wait and see :D

JT

Postby Bunno Smurf » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:39 pm
Mr Bunno was reading The Chronicles of Narnia on his PDA over Christmas and when he got to the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe one he goes "Hey this sounds like that dumb stuffed lion play thing you made me go too" :eek: Last time I try to instil some "culture" into him I think! LOL

We saw the play, made with puppets and real people, at Burswood a few years ago. It was awesome. I missed most of the story as I was just blown away by the puppets and what they could do with them, especially when they brought a giant out! I was thinking gee.....how many people are making that work?? I think Mr B was even impressed with the puppetry.
:star: LINDA :star:
Page 1 of 1

Login