Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Gerda » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:14 pm
Has anyone ever had a problem that a seller on amazon.com was using your pictures? I just found a smurf plush picture that is clearly mine being sold by someone on amazon. I did write to see if anything can be done about it but I had never heard of this happening before so I don't know what to expect. Needless to say i'm P'O'd right now as I don't understand why someone would be so lazy as to search the web find a picture they like and then say OH i'll sell that. :x :x
I just hope amazon does something because the letter I got back they wanted all kinds of information that I can not give because let's face it How do I prove that i'm the owner.... well I suppose my name is encoded on all my webpages but still, will they check that :-? ARGHHH :crazyangry:

sorry for the rant...

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby bwalters » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:14 pm
Hi Gerta; Sorry I guess it depends on if they copied the pic or the URL. If they copied the URL it should be easy to tell if it is yours.
Mr Bill

Postby stampysmurf » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:43 pm
That's awful! :angry: Hopefully amazon will straighten it out for you.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:47 pm
I've never had the problem before...Not sure how Amazon will handle the problem but it will interesting to find out. Please keep us posted, Gerda :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Gerda » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:23 pm
this is the response I got from amazon

Thank you for your e-mail. The images to which you refer have all been electronically posted by third-party merchants without any prior review by Amazon. Please be advised that we are in the process of removing the images that you identified below from Amazon.com. It typically takes 2-3 days for images to disappear once removed from our catalog. We trust this will bring this matter to a close.

I had checked the link this morning and the picture was still up but after getting the email I checked again and it was taken down. They work faster than ebay :D
I just find it rude of someone to do.. or am I over reacting :-? :-? (I do tend to over react from time to time so feel free to tell me if I am)
happily smurfing along

Postby Tojo » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:11 am
I think you reacted correctly Gerda :D

The seller had absolutely no right to use your photos without first obtaining your permission.

I'm glad that the problem has been solved so promptly.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby André » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:02 am
Off course you did the right thing Gerda. :cheers:

The seller should always use pictures of the things he is selling.

As you know I have recieved wrong items sometimes. For example when a seller has a picture of a supersmurf in box and the picture shows a german old box, but when you recieve it, it is a american or Uk box. This is really sad because the price on the boxes or smurfs can be three times the usual price if it is a rare box. :(

But when you look at many webshops they usually have the same picture for the all smurfs with the same articlenumber.
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby Cassiebsg » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:25 am
I don't think you over reacted, like André said, a seller should always use the picture of the article he/she is selling, and not some random picture found on the internet. Not using own picture always makes me think that the seller has something to hide... :???:
There are those who believe that life here began out there...
Page 1 of 1

Login