Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby CapriSmurf » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:24 pm
:doh: Wife got into into work today and sent straight home as her firm has gone into Administration! Nice early Christmas present, so no more Smurf buying for a while :( . On the bright side, I was getting fed up with Turkey for Christmas .. nothing wrong with good old baked beans on toast.

Postby bwalters » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:31 pm
That's too bad. We have lost 3 in the past 3 weeks. At least they could have waited until after the holidays. Hope everything works out.
Mr Bill

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:08 pm
I am sorry to hear that :???:

We usually have a few lay offs around this time as well (not sure if there are any this year) which hits everybody particularly hard.

I hope you will be able to have a nice Christmas time anyway...Baked beans sounds fine to me. We'll have them as well :mrgreen:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Tojo » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:56 pm
That is really bad news & I'm very sorry to hear about your wife's job.

As Maureen says, I hope that you can still enjoy christmas anyway.

We don't get baked beans here which is a shame as sometimes I'd love baked beans on toast or even spaghetti hoops. I can remember the baked bean price war from a few years ago when the prices for a tin dropped to next to nothing :shock: It would have been worth filling the kitchen cupboards & the cellar as well :)
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby stampysmurf » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:53 am
Sorry to hear about your wife's job, hope things work out for you! Some Christmas beans sound good to me too! I have a nice recipe to cook them in the crockpot which I like to do for Christmas Eve sometimes.

Postby CapriSmurf » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:57 pm
:cheers: Thanks for the support people. :( hey ho, I'll have to cut back on the drinking a bit and a few other things. Could be worse I suppose as I think on downsize on the house will cover us, and the cheaper houses are nearer the pub!

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:41 am
I'm sorry to hear that. :( :hug:

I hope you'll be able to enjoy Christmas anyway. I sincerely hope that your wife gets a proper job soon. :fingers:

Btw. I love baked beans as well. :D

Postby SmurfingH » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:55 am
That's such a shame. I hope something turns up in the New Year for her. :D

Postby Cassiebsg » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:54 pm
Sorry to hear about that CapriSmuft. :(

Where I work they also fired 5, and am not sure if they'll fire more in januar, hoping not, but it's low season and this year there's even less than what's normal for low season. :???:

Hope she finds something with the new year. :D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...
Page 1 of 1

Login