Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Gerda » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:55 am
I just found out that my computer had a bunch of spyware in it and it got into my facebook and was sending out messages to all my friends. I think I got my computer good to go now but if anyone received any messages from me through facebook they are not from me, especailly the ones about a video DONT open them. If by chance you already did, run a spy ware removal tool to catch the trojan. I run mcafee but it did not catch this bug :banghead:
Hackers and spyware makers should be hung up by there you know what's :angry: :angry:

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Pickle Smurf » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:33 am
Hi Gerda

Linda said to me that you should also uninstall any recently installed apps on Facebook but I said that you hadn't been on there for a while and so I thought maybe just your password was hacked and it didn't come in through an app.

Glad you got it sorted. :D

Postby SmurfingH » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:44 am
Thanks for the heads up Gerda. I was wondering why you commented on my butt! :) :)

Postby André » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:44 am
Hilary,

maybe that was a real message? :-?
:)

Glad you found the spyware and got rid of it, Gerda.

/André
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:15 am
I was wondering why you commented on my butt! :) :)
I was going to make a serious post but after that, how can I?? :sofunny:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby PVCBlue » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:17 am
Gerda - I got it as you know - Norton stopped it tho!! :-D
"Smurfs, Smurfs, and More Smurfs!"

Postby Gerda » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:15 pm
Oh hilary thanks for making me laugh. :) :)

The real pisser is I have mcafee and I don't know why it did not catch it, Found out it came from my sons computer who had more bugs than I did so I cleaned his up.. I think I got rid of it all :D
happily smurfing along

Postby PVCBlue » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:11 pm
Oh hilary thanks for making me laugh. :) :)

The real pisser is I have mcafee and I don't know why it did not catch it, Found out it came from my sons computer who had more bugs than I did so I cleaned his up.. I think I got rid of it all :D
You couldn't pay me to use Mcafee, one of my neighbors works for thier corporate offices here in Dallas, and says DON"T use it! It is made for businesses and is not person friendly and the interface is hard to use, :banghead:
"Smurfs, Smurfs, and More Smurfs!"

Postby bwalters » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:20 pm
I got an email from facebook today telling me you had sent me an email. Thanks for the heads up. I probibly would have opened it. Luckly I have not gone to facebook yet.
Mr Bill

Postby JT » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:05 pm
I read your warning little too late. My Norton antivirus blocked trojan horse, or at least it claimed that. No harm was done I think.
If anyone gets message from me on Facebook, don´t read it as I only reply :)

JT

Postby bradley » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:42 am
yeah I saw the message post and didn't click the link... didn't seem right. Thought it was spam/virus.

Postby astro1 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:04 pm
Hi, Gerda,

Sorry that this happened to you. I had this happen to me last month and while mine was not as severe as yours, it did take me a while to fix. I went and got something called spyzooka, ran it and WOW. Anyways I was so impressed I wrote this about them,
http://www.astrostreasurechest.net/Spyzooka.htm

YES if you click the links and buy I will get a commission but that is not why I post this.
And yes I agree, the people that write this spyware/ adware crap should be shot, stabbed and p***ed on.
Page 1 of 1

Login