Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby bwalters » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:30 pm
I am from Missouri the home of the MU Tigers to be exact. The Tigers are big around here. As with all of you out there that have a team of some kind where you live. Anyway there is a guy here in town that goes out and buys new toilets. Then he paints them a gold color. He then puts a Tiger face one the tank and black stripes on it . He does this with the seat and sides too. He then sells them for several hundred dollars. And has sold 75 or so to date. I am sure that you would have to check with the team to see if it is OK and probibly give them a royalty for each one you sell as he does. If you can take a $100 toilet and turn it in to $600 with just a little paint. I would do it but I am not an artist. Just something to think about. I tried to find a pic but all I found was the story.
Mr Bill

Postby stampysmurf » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:07 pm
That's funny Bill! :) :)

Postby bwalters » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:07 pm
Yea It is kind of funny, but this guy has only been doing this for about 4 months and has sold 75 of them for around $600 each. As I understand it he has to kick back 10% to the University. But that leaves a lot of money. I guess each one is actually a little diffrent as he experaments with what would look good where. He even has painted a Kansas Jayhawk in the back of the bowl. I only wish I had the talent to do something like that. You could just about pick hundreds of teams and find someone to buy them.
Mr Bill
Page 1 of 1

Login